Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (16-22) 2022

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly? Good for him.

 

Media gon media and I don't blame players for getting fed up with it.

The media acts like the players owe them something. They don’t owe them anything.

 

If they want good answers try you know asking good questions…

 

Also you have to develop a good rapport with these guys. Dont write trash articles about them and then come in the next day and think they’re gonna be all chummy with you.

 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The media acts like the players owe them something. They don’t owe them anything.

 

If they want good answers try you know asking good questions…

 

Also you have to develop a good rapport with these guys. Dont write trash articles about them and then come in the next day and think they’re gonna be all chummy with you.

 

Yup, you don't get to drag guys in the media and then get pissy when they don't want to play ball with you. I understand media folks have a job to do, but they aren't entitled to the relationship with players that rapport would develop if they don't build that rapport. 

 

Buddy asking the questions can &^@# off. 

 

Canucks fans went ape over Elias's "death stare", Draisaitl acting how he did was no different. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, you don't get to drag guys in the media and then get pissy when they don't want to play ball with you. I understand media folks have a job to do, but they aren't entitled to the relationship with players that rapport would develop if they don't build that rapport. 

 

Buddy asking the questions can &^@# off. 

 

Canucks fans went ape over Elias's "death stare", Draisaitl acting how he did was no different. 

The thing is the media has a lot more to lose in those scenarios.

 

You think the rest of the players are going to give that guy good answers after he called their star player “pissy”?

 

That guy just blackballed himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The thing is the media has a lot more to lose in those scenarios.

 

You think the rest of the players are going to give that guy good answers after he called their star player “pissy”?

 

That guy just blackballed himself.

Oh for sure, if his teammates don't see that they'll probably hear about it. Picking fights with players won't help someone working in media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oh for sure, if his teammates don't see that they'll probably hear about it. Picking fights with players won't help someone working in media. 

Also “why are you so pissy?”

 

How is that not obvious? They have 2 wins in their last 14 games…


If he wasn’t in a bad mood I would question his character. The reporter needs to do a better job of gauging the temperature. Players don’t need to be piled on in times like that.

 

  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...