The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sean Burke as Potential GM

Rate this topic

ShawnAntoski

Hopefully the real leading candidates are not getting as much media attention because the names that are emerging are very underwhelming…

Is the job so undesirable here that Allvin, Mellanby, and Burke are the best names we can attract? 

• Cheers 4

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully the real leading candidates are not getting as much media attention because the names that are emerging are very underwhelming…

Is the job so undesirable here that Allvin, Mellanby, and Burke are the best names we can attract? 

Good question, lots of things happening outside of hockey.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Would prefer we hire a real man instead of a wife beater.  I'll be looking for another team if this dirtbag is brought in.

Yeah. I’m going to have to pass. 

How did Burke just suddenly come up in the process? Just felt like his name just suddenly popped up besides the other names that we were already hearing 

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol Holland?

The guy that traded for Keith? Failed to acquire a starting goalie? And is so desperate he wants to sign Kane to save the season?

Yes. 

The GM who won the Stanley Cup as assistant GM in 1997, and as GM in 1998, 2002 and 2008.

Thats more Cups than the Canucks’ number of Stanley Cup Finals appearances.

That guy.

Edited by Me_
  • Sad 1

Just now, Me_ said:

Yes. 

The GM who won the Stanley Cup as assistant GM in 1997, and as GM in 1998, 2002 and 2008.

That guy.

That was a long time ago.

He also had Jim Nill with him then who appears to be the real star of that tandem.

Also having Scotty Bowman helped.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Can we please have a real, experienced GM?

We should’ve made a move for Holland when he became available.

LOL. HOLLAND?!? WHAT?!?!?

We did hire a real GM and his name is Jim Rutherford and he's won 3 cups with 2 NHL clubs. He's in the Hall of Fame and he's gunning to make NHL history by winning 4 cups with 3 different NHL clubs. This GM job is going to be going to somebody Rutherford can mentor.

It really does feel like this is Patrik Allvin's job to lose.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I second this.

Hoping that these guys are just decoys to distract the media.