The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The dumpster fire that is the Edmonton Oilers

Rate this topic

MikeBossy

29 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

It's funny that everything I read about the Coilers here every day in Albertabama talks about accountability of the players and the mindset. Explain to me how bringing in Kane helps any of that lol.

Connor wants to win. Thats it. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, MikeBossy said:

I have to say it's times like right now when I love being a Canucks fan in Alberta. The chirping I put up with at the start of the season has become an enjoyable silence as Oiler fans realize that once again they likely have wasted another year of McDavid and Draisaitl in futility here in Coilerville. The Stanley Cup parade planning committee has become the "Run Koskkinen out of town" committee and soon EPS will be starting patrol along the bridges to make sure fans don't jump into the river. :emot-parrot:

Loved watching the Sens comeback and McDavids pouty press conference. That team has a leadership issue and bringing in Kane won't help and I am loving it. Yes Petey is having an off season but the Canucks are trying to stay competitive whereas the Coilers have a 3 to 4 year window to win with McDavid and Leon and so many holes to fill. Skinner isn't their goalie in waiting, Bouchard isn't the defensive d man they need and even Hyman can't score. 

And their inbred cousins down the road the Flames - another wonderful team to watch implode :D

Glad you posted this subject. I took heat for claiming that both Edmonton and Calgary fizzle sooner than later.

I'll add to your points. 

Clueless ownership hiring old players with little or no hockey business experience. Cost them dearly. 

I just need to put some of this on ownership in Edmonton just like I put it on Aqualini. 

Aqualini obviously came out admitted the short comings and made the changes putting real professionals charge.  

Now we're seeing how inadequately prepared Jim Benning was on almost a daily basis. I think he thought it was 1979.

Simply Rutherford's approach shows how ill prepared and out of touch Benning was almost on a daily basis.

Year after year it seems Edmonton hires a guy thats gonna do this or that and seemingly it never happens. 

The biggest problems lie up stairs and they need addressing so they get some decent players to play with the two top guys.

Personably I love it.

Calgary isn't far behind in this area. Hiring Sutter is a joke, they built a Darrel Sutter LA type  team, like he had in LA. Well that style of

Playoff team has gone the way of the dodo bird. Now teams are not only big they can skate and they have skill and sport youth.

This present flames joke doesn't nearly have the talent nor youth that the LA team Sutter coached to a CUP, not even close. So what is management thinking in Calgary?

Another loser outcome.

Edited by aqua59
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Oh boy. Things are heating up! In reality the initial question is a fair question and Leon responding with frustration is also completely fair. It goes off the rails when the reporter thinks he can call a player "pissy". Like he is owed some kind of explanation. Media is a complete joke and good to see players hit back but remain in control.

• Vintage 1

Nice interview Draisatel. Maybe something around "I need to be better with my d zone coverage and overall compete on getting pucks back". No wonder that team is a mess with leaders like him on it. I remember Henrik answering the hard questions, taking the hits when we sucked. Bo doing the same. 2011 when the Canucks lost the cup, the twins stayed and answered every question with class. All while gutted inside. Thanks again Hank, Daniel, and now Bo for representing this franchise with class.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Undrafted said:

I hate the Oilers as much as the next Canucks fan and thus, I don't have any sympathy for any of them, but the sense of entitlement by the reporter is so off the charts, it's not even amusing

I thought Big Leon was calm and did a good job answering the questions.  The reporter not liking the answers isn’t Big Leon’s problem.  Ask better questions.  And the reporter making his “pissy” comment should get him banned from those pressers with players.  

Miller for Big Leon!  Get ‘Er done JR.  

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

Nice interview Draisatel. Maybe something around "I need to be better with my d zone coverage and overall compete on getting pucks back". No wonder that team is a mess with leaders like him on it. I remember Henrik answering the hard questions, taking the hits when we sucked. Bo doing the same. 2011 when the Canucks lost the cup, the twins stayed and answered every question with class. All while gutted inside. Thanks again Hank, Daniel, and now Bo for representing this franchise with class.  

I get what your saying and agree with the sedins/Bo.

but the quality of the media questions has gotten stupid.

Then to push the guy when he won’t bite on laying blame on anyone. 
I hope more player tell these idiots what to do with some of the stupid trash they ask. 
I liked LD response it made the guy asking look like an idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Oh boy. Things are heating up! In reality the initial question is a fair question and Leon responding with frustration is also completely fair. It goes off the rails when the reporter thinks he can call a player "pissy". Like he is owed some kind of explanation. Media is a complete joke and good to see players hit back but remain in control.

Well, in fairness, he was kind of pissy.  And he kind of took the first shot with "you know everything".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

He isn't nearly enough of a man to do that.  His idea of leadership is spearing opponents in the balls and refusing to backcheck, just like McDiver.  They need a coach who is willing to hold those two dirtbags accountable and tell them they either start acting like professionals or they sit.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

I get what your saying and agree with the sedins/Bo.

but the quality of the media questions has gotten stupid.

Then to push the guy when he won’t bite on laying blame on anyone. 
I hope more player tell these idiots what to do with some of the stupid trash they ask. 
I liked LD response it made the guy asking look like an idiot. 

For sure. The reporter is a tool. Gunning for his own attention and trying to be a part of the story. He's media, he has nothing to do with the story but report and tell it. He's a goof.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He isn't nearly enough of a man to do that.  His idea of leadership is spearing opponents in the balls and refusing to backcheck, just like McDiver.  They need a coach who is willing to hold those two dirtbags accountable and tell them they either start acting like professionals or they sit.

It's McD as well though. He's part of the proble as well, but no one will ever say it. Times like this I can't help but think of what a complete superstar Crosby is. 

27 minutes ago, rekker said:

It's McD as well though. He's part of the proble as well, but no one will ever say it. Times like this I can't help but think of what a complete superstar Crosby is. 

Oh definitely.  This is what happens when you bring in scum like Lucic, Ferrence, and Keith for veteran "leadership".  No one was able to teach either McDavid or Draisitl to act like men on or off the ice and now their character issues may not be possible to fix.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nucks780 said:

Why are you so pissy lol. I dont blame dry. That reporter is a tool. I feel like there was a previous exchange as to why Dry acted that way.

I don’t care how long the guys been a reporter when you act like you know the game better than someone who plays in the NHL they’re gonna get annoyed.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2