The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The doubt really started to creep in when they scored their second goal.

I thought it was just a matter of time until we got another call against us and they tied it.

Boys bent but didn’t break! Now they need to go rest up cause Tuesday is another tough one.

It's hard to shake that old feeling, isn't it?

Not long ago, that would be the breaking point and games we held our breath in as we'd see it slip away.  It's unravel completely.

I love that the team isn't buckling.  They're resilient and showing some real determination and pride.  They KNOW what it feels like to be thrust into a losing streak and I doubt very much they ever want to feel it at the magnitude again.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes, depending on what you get for him, or ANY other player.

We don’t trade Demko.  He’s not replaceable, especially at his cap hit.  Hughes is quite a steal too.  And when Petey plays like the Alien, he’s also a bargain.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

PK 0/2 is dreadful though. You won't be winning many games with that kind of PK. 

I would give them a pass. Both teams looked gassed today.

Much easier for powerplay guys to score on tired pkers. We got two goals on them too.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Highmore >>>>> Gaudette

You’re right and it’s not even close. Highmore plays a game that will keep him in the NHL. I wouldn’t be surprised to to see Gaudette outta the league. He’s a 20 goal scorer or bust 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I really, really, really hope this was the game broke Petey out of his slump. A hatty surely would have been an icing on the cake, but EP40 knows that's the last thing on his mind.

We still have a chance to get another 2 points in Nashville Tuesday. If we do that, this road trip won't look so hellish as we all feared.

4/10 points and losing by 3 goals or less in losses to the 3 top teams in the NHL doesn’t seem that bad a road trip in hindsight if we manage to beat Nashville.

• Cheers 2