The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Poehling, what would it take?

25 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

That’s true. Boeser already producing at 23 in the NHL with the Canucks. 

I think we would be happy to settle for a late 1st and a prospect for Brock. Even if you sign him @ 8x 6.5M or what ever the math is......... I'm not buying the cap going up enough over the duration to make that a steal. 3x7.5 or whatever...Math.....  Ya but naaaa. 

Brocks a great guy. I hope he get's a cup. I doubt he gets it here.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

The guy had potential years ago. Hasn’t lived up to it. It would take a waiver claim next year lol. A 4th round pick probably gets it done.

I suspect they’d rather hang onto him than take a 4th 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, CR7 said:

I'm with @Alflives, Motte or he's just too expensive for a player who hasn't showed much at the NHL level. 51 games 9 goals and 12 points (3 of which goals came in his first game)... for a player that was supposed to be a top 6 talent

Motte is a pending UFA.  Poehling makes $750k next season and before hiring RFA.  There’s zero reason for Montreal to move Poehling for an expiring contract. 

12 hours ago, hammertime said:

I think we would be happy to settle for a late 1st and a prospect for Brock. Even if you sign him @ 8x 6.5M or what ever the math is......... I'm not buying the cap going up enough over the duration to make that a steal. 3x7.5 or whatever...Math.....  Ya but naaaa. 

Brocks a great guy. I hope he get's a cup. I doubt he gets it here.

at 7m ish Brock is too inconsistent and in a cap world that money would be much better allocated elsewhere.  His value is neutral at that cap hit.  Not many teams could or would take him in a trade at that price.  That's part of the thought process.  I am more interested in what a realistic asking price is for Poehling than trading Brock specifically.  

12 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

The guy had potential years ago. Hasn’t lived up to it. It would take a waiver claim next year lol. A 4th round pick probably gets it done.

if that's the case, this team needs another center badly.  He is a very competitive guy.  Reminds me of Kesler with the biggest difference being that Kesler could absolutely fly.  He doesn't have to be 1st or 2nd line center for a trade to make sense.  It would be great if he turned into a Lars Ellerish type of player.   

15 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

if that's the case, this team needs another center badly.  He is a very competitive guy.  Reminds me of Kesler with the biggest difference being that Kesler could absolutely fly.  He doesn't have to be 1st or 2nd line center for a trade to make sense.  It would be great if he turned into a Lars Ellerish type of player.   

The thing is he’s already playing a bottom 6 C role in Montreal for only $750k. With where they are in the rebuild there’s no reason for them to move a 23 year old NHL’er making close to league minimum.  They already have 11 picks in this years draft and will likely pick up a few more as they move out their own pending UFA’s.  

Poehling is a piece that fits for them right now and he’s actually played quite well in the role he’s been given this season 

Edited by qwijibo