The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Poehling, what would it take?

3 hours ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

if that's the case, this team needs another center badly.  He is a very competitive guy.  Reminds me of Kesler with the biggest difference being that Kesler could absolutely fly.  He doesn't have to be 1st or 2nd line center for a trade to make sense.  It would be great if he turned into a Lars Ellerish type of player.   

Okay maybe I exaggerated a little bit just on the notion of trading for another bottom 6 Center. We traded a 3rd for Dickinson so that’s the price tag at the very least and it’s probably slightly more. But the guy is a bottom 6 player I’d rather have the pick or picks it would take to get him.

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Motte is a pending UFA.  Poehling makes $750k next season and before hiring RFA.  There’s zero reason for Montreal to move Poehling for an expiring contract. 

Not saying they should, also not saying Vancouver should pick him up. I was just agreeing that if we were for some reason to trade for him I wouldn't want to see any more value than Motte being shipped out from our end. Poehling hasn't lived up to his draft position and I'm not sure he will on a bad Montreal team

1 hour ago, CR7 said:

Not saying they should, also not saying Vancouver should pick him up. I was just agreeing that if we were for some reason to trade for him I wouldn't want to see any more value than Motte being shipped out from our end. Poehling hasn't lived up to his draft position and I'm not sure he will on a bad Montreal team

He’s still young and has only been given a small role.  Regardless Montreal won’t move him for a player on an expiring contract.  He’s contributing and he’s cheap.