The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens name Kent Hughes as GM

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

As to the Habs dropping like a stone: they might play/feign like this is spontaneous combustion, but many saw it coming.

It was a nice, determined & unexpected 2021 run, but there's a 5 yr rebuild here, that they simply have to endure.

Agreed.

It was nice for Weber and Price to have their swan song, but non of it was sustainable.

Dont see many people in the media mentioning Toffoli this season. Turns out he’s not actually a 40 goal scorer. ^_^

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:29 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Do you think that perhaps Tampa Bay wasn't willing to release Darche from his contract? 

Far be it for me to know exactly...but if I were part of the Tampa Bay ownership and senior hockey ops execs, I wouldn't let Mathieu Darche go from the organization. 

In his early 20s, he worked as a summer intern for a company that managed sports and entertainment sponsorship properties (Indy Race Team, Indy Race events, Grand Prix du Canada, ATP and WTA events, PGA and CPGA events, etc.), and even though the work we gave him was entirely executional, he did it with such professionalism, dedication and attention to detail that everyone in my department knew he was going to be successful no matter what he did.

If you have someone of his talent and calibre, you create opportunities and reasons for him to stay in your organization.

3 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Far be it for me to know exactly...but if I were part of the Tampa Bay ownership and senior hockey ops execs, I wouldn't let Mathieu Darche go from the organization. 

In his early 20s, he worked as a summer intern for a company that managed sports and entertainment sponsorship properties (Indy Race Team, Indy Race events, Grand Prix du Canada, ATP and WTA events, PGA and CPGA events, etc.), and even though the work we gave him was entirely executional, he did it with such professionalism, dedication and attention to detail that everyone in my department knew he was going to be successful no matter what he did.

If you have someone of his talent and calibre, you create opportunities and reasons for him to stay in your organization.

It’s already been confirmed that Darche had an interview.