The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Halak and Chiasson for Edmonton's 2022-1st (Proposal)

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

I didn't hear the segment you are referring to, but I imagine it has to do with charging Edmonton extra, because teams know they are desperate.

Similar to when the Canucks were free falling earlier this season. Teams knew we were desperate for change, so the trade offers would have reflected that.

Even if EDM were to get a goalie like Halak, I don't think it fixes much. They still struggle to have secondary scoring, and their defense isn't trustworthy. A coaching change will likely be more beneficial than half a season of Halak, and wouldn't require spending any draft picks.

I agree......

I think that a Halak and Chiasson would do it.

Chaisson was a decent player in Edmonton and with Dra and MCD, Chaisson only has to park himself in the right spot to look good.............and its a cheap fix

Halak works short term.............(2 years)

56 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Why not let them sink to the bottom and we keep winning with our players.

I agree FM, lets not address any cap problems that will manifest themselves next year and beyond.

Let's just re-hire Benning and let them walk away for nothing, or for less than their real value..........

No seriously, it could happen that way, I have no idea how JR will play this, but what did we learn on our last road trip

Answer......as good as some, not as good as Tampa..................

Where are our holes, and do we have the cap and assets to fix them as we stand...............the answer is No we do not

Which leads me to why we have to do it

Now we sit and watch what JR does.................you could be right????????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I agree FM, lets not address any cap problems that will manifest themselves next year and beyond.

Let's just re-hire Benning and let them walk away for nothing, or for less than their real value..........

No seriously, it could happen that way, I have no idea how JR will play this, but what did we learn on our last road trip

Answer......as good as some, not as good as Tampa..................

Where are our holes, and do we have the cap and assets to fix them as we stand...............the answer is No we do not

Which leads me to why we have to do it

Now we sit and watch what JR does.................you could be right????????

And Petey and Hughes were going to sign for 10 million each. Wasn't that what CDC was panicking about last time?

• Cheers 1