The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller Demko test positive ffs

Rate this topic

combover

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Ohhhhhhhhh...I remember what the bright side was....Rapid tests are really only about 70% accurate, so there's a good chance that we'll have at least one of these guys for tomorrow night, assuming the NHL doesn't postpone another one...

Please postpone.. Rather take that over the beating Florida is going to give us with that lineup..

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Very much looking forward to avoiding the testing of asymptomatics.

They should test them, for their own sake, so they will know they can pass it on to their family and anyone else

they come into contact with.  But yeah, if they're asymptomatic, they should play.

I do worry about a guy like Boudreau though.  He's not exactly the picture of a guy that is unaffected by Covid if

he gets it.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 3

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Martin is the bigger goalie, which seems to fit Clark’s MO more.

DiPietro has a tendency to get beat up high being a smaller goalie. Wouldn’t bode well against Floridas snipers.

Actually surprised they wouldn’t give Silovs a look.

Incorrect, Clark has stated on multiple interviews he likes smaller goalies as it's easier to work with their footwork and leg positioning. That was his issue with Markstrom...

Edited by Meh

3 minutes ago, Meh said:

Incorrect, Clark has stated on multiple interviews he likes smaller goalies as it's easier to work with their footwork and leg positioning. That was his issue with Markstrom...

Funny cause pretty much every goalie he’s worked with is 6’2 or bigger.

If he likes smaller goalies he definitely hasn’t had management give him ones to work with.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think that ship has sailed anyway.  Too many teams to jump, imo.

You're Probably right... But, the real test was really, if they could put together another miracle run, once they got back home... 

Think this is very unlikely now....

Think we are sellers at D/L...unfortunately...

• Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

This is so ridiculous. I'm really glad the NHL going to stop testing players that have no symptoms. 

And so is the NHL after the all star game

Exception being when crossing the border all must be tested

And of course the NFL has moved that way .... they don't have to face it till June 2022 and by then I'd hope this is all in the rear view mirror

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Wth is with these canucks players? How are they getting covid in such high numbers ?!? Are they not following protocols? 

Omicron is so contagious it doesn’t really matter if they do.

They all have wives/girlfriends/kids they go home to who all are coming in contact with other people in their day to day lives.

Even top doctors are saying that almost everyone will get omicron.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think that ship has sailed anyway.  Too many teams to jump, imo.

The pacific division is wide open for the taking, what are you talking about. If anything Canucks have a good chance of making playoffs just because covid is also affecting other teams too.

16 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I wouldn't have minded if they could have missed that $&!#show of the "all-star" game as a result of protocol, but it seems like this is too early a result to have an impact on the "all-star" game (even if they were asymptomatcally positive).

Don't get me wrong, not getting infected would be even better, but I really think the "all-star" game (especially as it's currently configured) is only a glorified three-ring circus without the animal abuse.

I like the idea of choosing all-stars; it has been a fine tradition especially for amateur teams such as fastball; the all star ceremonies are a blast and recognition of fine athleticism is an honorable human traditiion.  I prefer honoraria like this to be after the regular season and after the playoffs.  

And, there should not be a game at all, just skills competitions, tequila, and karaoke (I kid, I hate amateurs singing unless I'm one of them, drunk), but lots of previous all stars; passing of the torch, remembering old faves, etc.

Who the hell wants to watch players not try very hard, not hit, not embarrass a goalie (who are hung out to dry at these charades anyway)? 

I'd rather watch them party it up in July (say), or maybe August; well after the do or die playoffs are over and The Stanley Cup has been awarded and celebrated (by the Vancouver Canucks - GCG!), after the draft, and before camp et al. 

All Star Football Game ??  How do you play football nicely?  It's just stupid.  As is hockey as a make believe game.  Even on an outdoor rink as a kid who could barely skate, we played for keeps at the end of the day, when last goal wins the Stanley Cup, all in.

Rant off.  [I'm 'dieting'.  And cranky.  Running on body fat.]

• Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You're Probably right... But, the real test was really, if they could put together another miracle run, once they got back home... 

Think this is very unlikely now....

Think we are sellers at D/L...unfortunately...

who on the team has yet to test positive? I think the ones affected was all our D except Hughes, plus Motte, Horvat, Garland, Boeser, Pettersson, now Miller and Demko and Halak. Has Podkolzin been affected yet? I think after these series of infection  most of our team will have enough antibodies to finish the season and not be affected except Hughes. Its best to just get it now and get it over with. I think this team can easily make the playoffs, we are what? 5 points out with games in hand against the Cali teams. The only threat might be Calgary and Vegas was always the divisional winner. So the third spot is open for anyone to take and I take Canucks over Cali teams and Oilers easily.

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Omicron is so contagious it doesn’t really matter if they do.

They all have wives/girlfriends/kids they go home to who all are coming in contact with other people in their day to day lives.

Even top doctors are saying that almost everyone will get omicron.

And this is what is making me think... well what is the point in the protocol anyway???  

• Cheers 2