The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller Demko test positive ffs

Rate this topic

combover

27 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Any division except the pacific I would agree but the Kings, Ducks, flames and Oilers aren't exactly world beaters. All 4 of those teams are in different stages of self correction.

I will be absolutely shocked if any of the Cali teams finish ahead of us.

I've stuck to my guns since summer saying they will finish 2nd, however if JT ends up traded then I'll throw in the towel. I really hope that doesn't happen tho.

I will be the happiest on CDC if we get a play off berth, after all this is what we are trying to achieve each season, and off season is so damn long :)

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

So we'll have confirmation one way or the other sometime today?

Boudreau said "No" when asked.  Said that reporters would know if their PCR tests were negative if they were on ice tomorrow for practice 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

We have only played half the season and we are like 5 points out with games in hand. Horvat and Garland will be available soon, same with Halak. I think Demko will be out 5 days if he ia asymptomatic. They arent out for the season. They might miss 2 to 3 games and comeback. Also we play in the pacific division where only Vegas is a legit contender and in western conference it is easier to make playoffs compared to eastern conference.

They don't have games in hand, they've played more games than most of the teams they're chasing.  If you look at their winning %, they're about 4 from the bottom in the conference.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I will be surprised if the game is even played 

This is where having the farm team so close hurts us.  Per NHL, if we can ice 9 forwards and 5 D, we play.  If we were still in Utica, no way would it be possible to bring up replacements on short notice 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think if they postpone this one, we are probably good again for Sunday.

Hopefully Halak, Garland, etc, all back for Sunday's game.

Don't the players we left in the USA have to do 5 days quarantine there before flying back, then 5 here? (Except Garland, being American, might get the Boeser treatment and have to do 10 days here)

3 hours ago, Meh said:

Incorrect, Clark has stated on multiple interviews he likes smaller goalies as it's easier to work with their footwork and leg positioning. That was his issue with Markstrom...

Clark has stated that there is a good size for goalies (6'2 to 6'4) where they're big and take up a lot of room but don't run into issues that lanky goalies do which is post integration, and other mumbo jumbo that Kevin Woodley has talked about.  

I think that they were talking about prefering smaller goalies in comparison to the monster 6'6 and 6'7 goalies out there.  Mikey is definitely on the small side and going against the odds. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If they're out for a few games the boys are in tough, they'll already be without Bo against Florida too. Maybe Garland too? I can't remember when he's slated to return. 

Might as well as the Abbotsford Canucks up to play tomorrow. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Don't the players we left in the USA have to do 5 days quarantine there before flying back, then 5 here? (Except Garland, being American, might get the Boeser treatment and have to do 10 days here)

I believe that you are correct. Maybe they should just talk to Kane, sounds like he could give tips for sneaking across the border.... ;)

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

They have to cancel this game, its not fair to proceed with such a depleted line up

Teams have played with bigger issues this year.  We decided to cancel games for fan capacity reasons so have now run out of capacity to keep pushing games.