The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks hire Rachel Doerrie in an analytics role

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, AV. said:

The wins

Give me the wins

Followed by insurmountable amounts of regression. Mike Gillis and co completely butt screwed us for many years to come because of poor decisions. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Canucks fans in general are obviously a lot more familiar with the "work" of Sekeres than Doerrie.

For the record, I do trust Rutherford and his expertise. I do think there’s a pretty good reason she was hired at her age. Let’s hope it works out. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Devron said:

This looks like a bunch of garbage. Just me?

The Miller thing was on a podcast.  Her comments made the rounds so wanted to hear it for myself.  Think it was this one but that episode looks to have been taken down. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Followed by insurmountable amounts of regression. Mike Gillis and co completely butt screwed us for many years to come because of poor decisions. 

Well, that's better than the levels we hit under Benning: more losses than the population of BC, no development, no asset management, and a whole bunch of work for the next regime to do to get us out of this mess.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hell of a resume for a 25 year old.

Most industries if you have that many jobs at 25 post graduation they ask why.  Usually not a good sign to bounce around that much but then she isn't in most industries ;) 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

U know that Goose on your head?  :unsure:

Off course 6 months from now I’ll gladly point out what’s she supposed to do in the off-season lol.

It was more of a comment on CDC how fast people turn against players, management, ownership, FIN.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

This appears to be a real quote.

:lol:

I like her honesty and hopefully, she can back it up - as good as, she can dish it out.   In all honesty, only a few GM can match what Yzerman & Sakic had accomplished as NHL executives; although, Sakic has yet to win a cup, as an executive but the job he has done in Col has been [mostly] exceptional.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I like her honesty and hopefully, she can back it up - as good as, she can dish it out.   In all honesty, only a few GM can match what Yzerman & Sakic had accomplished as NHL executives; although, Sakic has yet to win a cup, as an executive, the job he has done in Col has been [mostly] exceptional.

I think some folks need to tone down a bit, some of that stuff is pretty funny and she's young. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Is it unreasonable that someone could be intrigued by this hire but also want to wait for there to be some positive tangible results attributable to it before declaring it OMG THE GREATEST HIRE EVERRRRRR !!!!!!!! ? It seems this is being declared a colossal  victory immediately. Also, her tweets/comments come across as very immature. Her resume is good but not exactly eye-popping; there seems to be a lot of moving around, which may be a red flag or there could be good reason for it. Why didn't NJ retain her when she worked there? Anyway, she's in the fold now so the best of luck to her. 

At this point, only thing that matters: if she can back it up.  Easier, to dish it out

• Upvote 1

Was an analyst for the Devils briefly before taking up the Director of Analytics spot for York University for the past 3 years.

Not a bad resume. Not the greatest but definitely not the worst. Pretty good for a 25 year old.

This is her second go in the NHL as an analyst. Doesn't appear that she will run it but be a part of the team with Ryan Biech. Was Ryan Johnson gonna run analytics? or are we still gonna be looking for a AGM for that?