The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Singer Meat Loaf has died at the age of 74

Elias Pettersson

My mom and older sisters used to blast Bat out of Hell on our turntable when I was 7 or 8 years old, and it's one of my favorite albums of all time to this day. So many memories, I used to look at that album cover for hours! It took me years to figure out what "Paradise by the dashboard light" was all about lol.

RIP

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Friend of mine used to work in catering on BC Ferries.   Meatloaf was in cafeteria/dining room with band on the way to Victoria.  He asked “ should I call you Mr. Meat or Mr. Loaf?”  Apparently Meatloaf laughed so hard at this that he gave him some free tickets to the show.  Alas, I wasn’t on the list to get one.  Family has not released cause of death so Covid isn’t confirmed.  Reports are he was an anti masker and ant vaccine proponent.   RIP Meatloaf.  Not many artists have a bigger debut album than Bat out of Hell.  

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Was never a fan. I just couldn't get into the theatrics and dramatic songs. This really overweight guy with long hair, waiving his white hanky, but there is no denying the impact he had in the 70s and beyond with that album.  I last saw him on Trump's The Apprentice years back, and he seemed like a really nice, gentle giant of a guy. RIP 

Memorable moment of that season was when he went ballistics on Garey Busey for what ever reason.

Gary was scared $&!#less.Now that was hilarious.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm pretty sure it is. That being said, anyone can upload lyrics....

Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife makes sense. He's taking a pretty big lead out there, almost daring him to pick him off...

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1

Every time this song came on the radio....40 radios on the 8th floor of the nurse's res were cranked til this rang off the walls and ceiling and someone ended up crying...

RIP, Mr, Loaf...thanks for the memories and being part of the soundtrack of my life...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

I'm so saddened to have waken up to the news of the passing of Meat Loaf (nee: Marvin Lee Aday), today.  I was 11 years old when Bat Out of Hell came out, and to this day, it is one of my top three favorite albums. Bat Out of Hell will always be part of my youth and Meat Loaf/Jim Steinman will always be revered.

The man had amazing lungs and vocal chords...came back from hemorrhaging vocal chords, which I would suspect is akin to a hockey player coming back from torn Achilles. And also came back from severe depression in the early/mid 2000s.

2022 is not even three weeks old and it's already claimed so many legends.  RIP Meat Loaf. 

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

32 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Every time this song came on the radio....40 radios on the 8th floor of the nurse's res were cranked til this rang off the walls and ceiling and someone ended up crying...

RIP, Mr, Loaf...thanks for the memories and being part of the soundtrack of my life...

One of the saddest ballads of all time.

• Cheers 1