The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kyle Turris

13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

So why would Edmonton waive him then? Is he that bad that they couldn’t use him in their line up? 

I think Turris is the kind of that either needs to be in a top 6 scoring role or not be in the lineup at all. He's not good enough to be in the top 6 so he has been waived.

26 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Or he goes to Edmonton and gets shelled because their defense is deplorable and he is never seen on NHL ice again.  It's a risk.

He's 36.  I would be surprised if anyone offered him a 2 or 3 year deal.

29 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Or he goes to Edmonton and gets shelled because their defense is deplorable and he is never seen on NHL ice again.  It's a risk.

He's 36.  I would be surprised if anyone offered him a 2 or 3 year deal.

That’s why like a poster said before do you believe in yourself. I believe that right now Halak is playing better in net than Koskinen and Smith are in Edmonton. I feel he would make them better and if he feels that way too I don’t think Halak is thinking if he goes there he’s getting shelled. If he goes to Edmonton and plays how he’s played here while playing the bulk of their games they are the team that would give him 2 years. They got nothing coming and not a lot of cap space for a more well known guy.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:23 AM, King Heffy said:

More than half.  Their bottom six, the whole D group, and all their goalies would easily clear.

Keith, Nurse and Barrie would definitely get claimed, the issue the Oilers have is that one of those dmen is good or great to have. All 3 as your top 3 is a disaster waiting to happen. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, Me_ said:

I do admit, if there’s a 1st to be had from Edmonton for Halak, you pull the trigger on that trade and you run to the draft table.

The only thing is, I’m not sure if Martin or DiPietro are ready, nor am I seeing a cheap replacement for Halak via trade.

Probably better off being deadline sellers this year. The optics of JB's team making the playoffs after being fired might not be so good. When we make it next year JR can take all the credit. LOL

7 hours ago, GB5 said:

I think Turris is the kind of that either needs to be in a top 6 scoring role or not be in the lineup at all. He's not good enough to be in the top 6 so he has been waived.

Shouldn't be tooo hard to crack their top 6 though. They more or less have a top 2 is Turris really that much worse than Yamomoto and Foggle? Admittedly I'm not watching Oilers games.

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Keith, Nurse and Barrie would definitely get claimed, the issue the Oilers have is that one of those dmen is good or great to have. All 3 as your top 3 is a disaster waiting to happen. 

Keith and Nurse are badly overpaid for what they bring, and Barrie is absolutely atrocious in his own zone.

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Keith and Nurse are badly overpaid for what they bring, and Barrie is absolutely atrocious in his own zone.

They’re still effective when used correctly and would get claimed. Even Bouchard because potential and ELC