The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

General Manager discussion.

Rate this topic

KyGuy123

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm not even sure why we interviewed him.

other than him, I'm really impressed with the lineup of people who want to be here. Of course working and learning under JR is a big part of it, but still, nice to see so much interest in our fine city. 

13 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the only person I'd be upset over is Burke. Not sure why we'd want that baggage here. 

Well I have his autographed stick so maybe it’ll be worth something lol. I heard he’s a bit of a piece of work though 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

:lol: maybe

I think Allvin has the most AGM experience, but Darche is of course interesting from Tampa. I like Mellany and Futa. Not an easy decision. 

Darche interviewed for the Canucks GM? 

Reports are that there is no cap for AGM’s for JR. 

This made me wonder if maybe having too much voices in the room might actually be harmful than beneficial. I wonder how many AGM’s he’s planning to hire. I mean, one for sure, Emilie, maybe another 2? 

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Let’s hope “Scoops” has the real scoop here.

Darche would be a great get.

And Tampa Bay would be a fool to come in his way to getting a promotion to GM job in the league. 

They won’t, though. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Huge news if the case, great guy to go after as well in my opinion. So we do know it’s Darche and Allvin for GM or bust, don’t see them coming over laterally. AGM candidates are Mellanby, Burke, and another mystery GM? Mike Futa was also mentioned earlier in the week. Leaves hope as it was reported that JR was very high on McFarland. I think this comes out sooner than later before it gets leaked. 

1 minute ago, KyGuy123 said:

Huge news if the case, great guy to go after as well in my opinion. So we do know it’s Darche and Allvin for GM or bust, don’t see them coming over laterally. AGM candidates are Mellanby, Burke, and another mystery GM? Mike Futa was also mentioned earlier in the week. Leaves hope as it was reported that JR was very high on McFarland. I think this comes out sooner than later before it gets leaked. 

JR building a superstar executive team. Holy frack if this is true. 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

How will Aquilini meet payroll? Covid had better die out or he will. Lots of money going out the door. 

no kidding. I hope this also puts to bed the idea of Aqulini being a meddler. The guy is clearly willing to go all in on a heck of a front office. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1