The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

General Manager discussion.

Rate this topic

KyGuy123

Just now, DeNiro said:

Hoping the last AGM is someone with a strong scouting background.

Not sold on Allvins ability there in the least.

me too. We do have the scouts Benning left in place, but I'd really like to see another AGM with a good drafting record. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Futa would fit that MO and has been linked to the Canucks.

yup I liked what he had to say on some interviews on 650.

I don't worry about the nepotism stuff with Allvin, 16 years is a long time working in the NHL so he at least brings all that with him. 

Edited by JM_
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Nothing wrong with being cautious about this, but do we truly know he's going to be a "yes-man" kind of guy? I mean all you seem to be basing this on is the number of interviews where he didn't get the job. Couldn't it have just been there was a better candidate each time?

I think it's easy to overthink all of this but nothing of what you are saying tells me he's going to be that "yes-man" kind of person. He might, but he might not as well.

You have to wonder why someone is always getting passed for essentially a promotion until a 'buddy's hired him for it. I ain't in the I interviews so can't comment if he was actually the best candidate but definitely seem rather convenient. 

I would have no qualms if he didn't have a history with JR but this is business and nepotism happen all the time with these kinds of high executive hires. Hope for the best I guess. 

Looking back, other than Futa he probably was the best choice out of all the names floated around olgiven Daurge is rather green to management.  

37 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Hammer, you liked Benning right?

I hope you don't turn into the new AV lol!  He's 'born again' it seems with the management change... All rainbows and lollipops!  I'd hate to see you take over his troll/curmudgeon roll on CDC... Don't do it, I plead!!!

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

34 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Whoops... I stand corrected:rolleyes:

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2