The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jarred Tinordi

13 minutes ago, JM_ said:

how do you make the cap space? Hornqvist won't waive for AZ.

Don't know, haven't looked to closely at their cap situation. But I doubt it'd be from the top of their lineup. Bennett's a playoff player, they're not going to move off him with playoffs being their entire purpose right now.

3 hours ago, mll said:

Might simply be because Schneider has earned that spot.  He was recently recalled and has played 5 games so far.  Tinordi has played 7.

NYR are in on Chychrun per Marek.

Sounds like they’re gearing up for a playoff run. Chychrun and Miller? Those would be huge adds to the team as they make their run for a Cup. 

4 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Could be a more fitting left sided depth replacement that Hunt - considering the LHD ahead of Hunt both play the PP better than him. Tinordi - Burroughs/Schenn would be a solid bottom pairing until Hammer comes back one day

Possibly?  In the most sheltered of minutes I could see him being a fit.  Just not sold on him being even a regular if he's played in 6 seasons but only gets in for 109 games and has been on 5 teams already, plus he's -19 and only has 13 points (great that he played around 17 minutes a game on a good team like Boston, which makes it a bit better)

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

good point, and I hope thats the reason. I'd love to get a look at him given all the trade speculation. 

He would have been called up earlier but had to go into Covid protocol. 

Will be very hard to pry out of NYR 

20 year old 6'2 200lbs RHD. Top pair defensive Dman. Will put up 30 pts  year. 

This is a Jacob Slavin type Dman. Not a kid Rangers will want to trade away.. 

Maybe if a young, more developed, top pair Dman was coming back. Chychrun at 23 yrs old might be the guy. 

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He would have been called up earlier but had to go into Covid protocol. 

Will be very hard to pry out of NYR 

20 year old 6'2 200lbs RHD. Top pair defensive Dman. Will put up 30 pts  year. 

This is a Jacob Slavin type Dman. Not a kid Rangers will want to trade away.. 

Maybe if a young, more developed, top pair Dman was coming back. Chychrun at 23 yrs old might be the guy. 

he's who I'm hoping they give up for Miller. 

• Vintage 1

IIRC the Gillis regime had Tinordi as their top rated prospect in the 2010 draft. 

I know he said he wanted to in hindsight, but he really should have overhauled the scouting department while he could have. It may have saved his job.

3 minutes ago, McBackup said:

IIRC the Gillis regime had Tinordi as their top rated prospect in the 2010 draft. 

I know he said he wanted to in hindsight, but he really should have overhauled the scouting department while he could have. It may have saved his job.

Problem was he didn't understand player evaluation enough to be able to overhaul the department properly.

Edited by King Heffy

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

A dumber and slower Myers.  It seems, he took his failed NHL career for granted and didn't learn anything from his father.  

At 29, his NHL career seem to be almost over - what a waste.

Man, can't believe he's 29 already. Seems like yesterday he was on the draft board. Time flies. 

12 hours ago, rekker said:

Man, can't believe he's 29 already. Seems like yesterday he was on the draft board. Time flies. 

I remember, a media schill during his draft year, that Gillis was hoping he would drop and when the Habs drafted him; then Gillis pulled the trigger on the Ballard trade.  He was one player, who would had been good in that D core - imo.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1