The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Are The Smallest Team In The League With 8 Players Under 6 Feet Tall!!!

Rate this topic

RolexSub

That’s why I like the black Flying Skate uniforms. They look bigger.

Hell… two inches of intimidation each.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, RolexSub said:

Conor Garland: Regular

Nils Hoglander: Regular

Tyler Motte: Regular

Matthew Highmore: Regular

Quinn Hughes: Regular 

I would say 5 players are regulars. I am good with 4 out of the 5 on that list. I am not saying we should get rid of Garland, Hogs, Motte, and Hughes if you look at my post. All 4 plays with heart and skills and we need them to be part of our puzzle. However, the other 4 guys we should look into moving them to up size.  

Highmore has 5 pts in 17 games. That's a 20+ point player on the 4th line. Which is not bad at all. Translated to a full season Motte is on pace for 25 pts and Highmore 24 pts. He's 5th among forwards in hits per 60 minutes behind (in order) Dickenson, Motte. Miller, and Bailey. Bailey has no pts in 17 games and Dickenson 5 pts in 38 games. He leads all forwards, including Motte, in blocked shots per 60 minutes. Plus he draws more penalties than he takes. Since being acquired Pettersson is the only forward on the roster with a higher ratio of drawn penalties to taken penalties. Motte has actually taken more penalties than he's drawn over the same period. I'd keep Highmore until something bigger comes along that provides all of those things he provides. Much like Motte, he does a lot of the little things right but takes fewer penalties in the process. That certainly gives him some value to the team. Trading him for the sake of of an inch would be foolish at best.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Me_ said:

Yup, professional athletes are surely intimidated by the colour of the opponent's uniforms. Thats also why the Sabres have won so many more cups than the Habs, because their opponents are scared to step on the ice knowing their opponents are named after sharp scary swords rather than French farmers. If we're redoing the uniforms we should change the team's name to the Vancouver XxDemonMonstersxX while we're at it.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:12 PM, ba;;isticsports said:

That's unconventional thinking there

Are you proposing we draft Cows ?

Probably not count against the cap either, as they'd work for good grass

Heck I'd work for good grass, as long as it's as good as AK-47 or Rockstar.. death bubba would be preferable but certainly NOT cheap! I'd be down for that, well I mean down on the couch! ;)

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Yup, professional athletes are surely intimidated by the colour of the opponent's uniforms. Thats also why the Sabres have won so many more cups than the Habs, because their opponents are scared to step on the ice knowing their opponents are named after sharp scary swords rather than French farmers. If we're redoing the uniforms we should change the team's name to the Vancouver XxDemonMonstersxX while we're at it.

Sabres are Blue, Yellow and White.

Nothing intimidating there.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, RolexSub said:

Conor Garland: Regular

Nils Hoglander: Regular

Tyler Motte: Regular

Matthew Highmore: Regular

Quinn Hughes: Regular 

I would say 5 players are regulars. I am good with 4 out of the 5 on that list. I am not saying we should get rid of Garland, Hogs, Motte, and Hughes if you look at my post. All 4 plays with heart and skills and we need them to be part of our puzzle. However, the other 4 guys we should look into moving them to up size.  

Im good with all 5.  The team needs to get bigger in the top 6 and a little bigger on defense.  Im hoping the we replace boeser, poolman, hunt with a few bigger regulars that play with more of an edge.  With hogz and podz ready to take on top 6 roles soon , we will need to surround them with these type of players.

Size is relative.

A team does not need big forwards to win if their forwards have speed and skill... it does need big defense.

Tampa Bay is the prime example of that... they do not have a lot of size up front, they have small skilled forwards.  On the other hand, their defense core in their last two Cup wins was big.

You do need big D who can move opponent's off the puck, control the boards and prevent a cycle game.

More than anything this team needs another one or two big D... no we don't want to trade Hughes, but we need a couple towers back there on the 5/6 pairing who can shut down opponents and intimidate.

• Cheers 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:49 PM, Me_ said:

Personally, I'd go for the airbags under the unis.  

GIF skiers, crashes, airbag, best animated GIFs free download

Edited by RU SERIOUS