The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Émilie Castonguay as assistant GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 1/24/2022 at 11:29 AM, AV. said:

4 years*.  On that note, I feel horrible for whichever fanbase had their GM sign that deal.  Poor people must have suffered with decision-making like that happening.

Actually Roussel was worth the money when signed... but his bad knee injury changed the situation... he was not the same player when he came back.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Actually Roussel was worth the money when signed... but his bad knee injury changed the situation... he was not the same player when he came back.

Only in Vancouver was he worth that money and term.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Only in Vancouver was he worth that money and term.

Hope this helps.

If we're honest Roussel was an element missing from the roster, they also looked for Ferland to bring that as it was all came about when Dorsett was forced to retire. Still the role is unfilled and i suspect they'll be looking around. I see MacEwen went toe totoes with Chara, not a good ending

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Or maybe sign for 3 million but don't make it 4 years ? Benning did like handing out term to players (case in point Poolman) 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

If we're honest Roussel was an element missing from the roster, they also looked for Ferland to bring that as it was all came about when Dorsett was forced to retire. Still the role is unfilled and i suspect they'll be looking around. I see MacEwen went toe totoes with Chara, not a good ending

Well, goal-scoring and defending was also missing from the roster and they never got addressed.  The guys in charge didn't exactly know what to target when it came to free-agency.

• Like 1