The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Émilie Castonguay as assistant GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Interesting that they’d hire the AGM before a GM.  You’d think the GM would want some input on the AGM he works with 

They are going with multiple AGMs and still have one more to hire. GM might come before that last AGM.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1

Just now, qwijibo said:

Interesting that they’d hire the AGM before a GM.  You’d think the GM would want some input on the AGM he works with 

This is Rutherford's show, and it looks like our GM will be green so I suppose its okay for that reason. 

Emilie will be doing Chris Gear's job. 

She will have some difficulties with the fact that we are close to the cap this year and next, however we are in a good position long term with our best two players signed on very good deals (Demko and Hughes). 

Really curious what happens with Boeser. 

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

She was the agent of Alexis Lafreniere, Mathieu Joseph, Pierre-Olivier Joseph, Cedric Paquette, Jakob Pelletier, Jordan Spence, and Antoine Roussel for Momentum Hockey.

Nice! I was wondering what her experience in this field was. JR will be valuable leadership and guidance for her as she learns the GM role.

I like the addition of someone who has experience as an agent and can bring that sensibility to things.

This seems like the Chris Gear replacement, though I am sure the exact roles are going to be different with a lot more bodies in the room.

This also makes me thing the GM is already hired and just doing some finalizing of details, at this point of the GM hiring process you would think they would be involved in any AGM hires... just like Rutherford was basically hired before Boudreau and OKed him coming onboard.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

She managed to get Antione Roussel $3M/yr for 3 years.

So she obviously knows how to size up an opponent in a negotiation.

4 years*.  On that note, I feel horrible for whichever fanbase had their GM sign that deal.  Poor people must have suffered with decision-making like that happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1