The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Émilie Castonguay as assistant GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I was no fan of MG, but I liked the additions he made to Nonis core to get them to the finals.  I was never a fan of the NTC's though.

I wouldn't say I was a fan.. I was indifferent towards him, but loved the team he built or at least the addition he got to the team. 
NTC's held the proper rebuild back for 4 years  and hampered Bennings chances to make the team competetive sooner...

Will be interesting to see if history repeats itself. 
I just think it will be extremely hard to build a team able to contend, without bending the rules slightly (Luongo contract) or handing out NTC's or longer contracts for reduced salaries as it is now. 
Someone posted that Florida team have something like $10+ M on the Canucks, when tax has been calculated... that is not fair, and very hard to get past. 

sorry to detail topic. Good to see Canucks tearing down walls and give the opportunity to the best candidates. 

JR seems to have been given Carte Blanc by FA, and he is rebuilding the club the way he seems fit. Hopefully we'll on to a winner 

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta wonder if Botterill is still in the mix in a hockey ops role.

From everything insiders like Friedman were saying it sounded like we already hired her.

It sounds like Jennifer is out of the running. 

She has a very unique skillet but I am not sure if it's a traditional AGM skillset. I'm any case it was Jennifer's decision to drop out of the process. 

12 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Did I hear her say she would be happy working for Allvin?Did she let that out accidentally?

Where are you listening to her, is she on SN650 ? 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Big fan of the 007 at the end of her name. 100% approve, she's brining a cup to Vancouver guaranteed.

No but seriously, I absolutely love what she's saying. She sounds very knowledgeable and passionate. I do honestly believe she will be a massive asset to this organization. Well done JR, I'm so incredibly pumped on the moves he has made so far.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

It does start with Q. You used the wrong spelling ; cue, refers to a stick for playing pool. 
Queue; forming a line or order of events.

my favourite thing in the world is when someone puts their foot in their mouth while trying to correct someone else's grammar. the irony is delicious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Cue the complaints. 
Even though she is very well regarded in the hockey world and she has taken the well worn path that many have to AGM/GM position it won’t be good enough for some. 
How does the word cue not start with a q?

Welcome, hope you bring great things to the Canucks. 

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

It does start with Q. You used the wrong spelling ; cue, refers to a stick for playing pool. 
Queue; forming a line or order of events.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Cue also makes sense as in "There's the cue for people to complain."

16 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

image.png.be54d1743015db035156ff43603c09c6.png

In this context, cue is the correct word.  ;)

They're, there, their, can't you all just let it go?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Big fan of the 007 at the end of her name. 100% approve, she's brining a cup to Vancouver guaranteed.

No but seriously, I absolutely love what she's saying. She sounds very knowledgeable and passionate. I do honestly believe she will be a massive asset to this organization. Well done JR, I'm so incredibly pumped on the moves he has made so far.

once you hear the interviews with the new hires, its clear why they were picked. 2/2 so far. 

• Upvote 1