The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller for kakko or lafriener

11 minutes ago, Paul-walker said:

If we are wanting to get rid of our best player we should get someone good in return. What do you think?

miller for kakko Or 

Miller for lafrienier or 
miller for gudreau 

Only trade Miller for package....

Schneider 20, 6'3 RD-- Chytil 23, 6'3 C--  Gettinger 20, LW 6'3 --2nd rounder---- Vancouver

Miller 28, 6'1  W/C --- Motte 25 - 5'10 -- W  ----NYR

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Schneider 20, 6'3 RD-- Chytil 23, 6'3 C--  Gettinger 20, LW 6'3 --2nd rounder---- Vancouver

Now that’s a deal we want!  Excellent proposal.  We don’t want over hyped high draft picks, who are ckearly bustaroos.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Yeah, that's much better. A 1 for 1 for a hyped yet massively underperforming prospect/player is way too risky for us. We need to mitigate this by trading for multiple pieces; any of which could match or exceed Miller's value eventually.

My proposal would be:

To NYR:

• JT Miller

To VAN:

• One of Lundkvist/Schneider (would be the main piece, both are expected to be top-4 RHD)
  • One of Chytil/Kravtsov/Othmann/Gettinger (decent offensive secondary piece, Kravtsov essentially demanded a trade and could be a great buy-low target, while Othmann was a recent 1st round pick)
  • 1st or 2nd round pick (depending on the combination of players above)
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind Kakko on the team, but doubt they trade Lafreniere. 

It sounds like NYR really want Miller, so they might be willing to give a lot for him, especially if suddenly other teams want him too. NYR could overspend to have that Miller edge heading into the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I wouldn’t settle for anything less then a Miller and Motte for 1st, Schneider and Kappo/Lefreniere deal. Giving them those two would almost guarantee a Stanley cup finals appearance.

Be prepared to be disappointed if that’s the minimum acceptable deal in your eyes.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Getting Schneider is a must IMO.  If they don't want to add Chytil, one of Kravtsov/ Lafreniere/ Kakko (preferably Chytil is the add) plus at least a 2nd  needs to come back our way.  I like OP's thinking of asking for Goodrow, even if it's a stretch (since he's proven in the playoffs).  With the rumors of the bidding war I think there's some hope for a good return (e.g. Boston including Vaakanainen + Studnicka + 1st, Minnesota with either Boldy or Rossi + 1st +, Calgary with Zary + 1st +...)  .  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Be prepared to be disappointed if that’s the minimum acceptable deal in your eyes.  

I guess we could trade with the Habs, but they are a terrible team and have no decent young players, no prospects, and are Craperolla.  Caufield is small, slow, and scared. At least the Rags have some decent young players and prospects.

46 minutes ago, Stech said:

Yeah, that's much better. A 1 for 1 for a hyped yet massively underperforming prospect/player is way too risky for us. We need to mitigate this by trading for multiple pieces; any of which could match or exceed Miller's value eventually.

My proposal would be:

To NYR:

• JT Miller

To VAN:

• One of Lundkvist/Schneider (would be the main piece, both are expected to be top-4 RHD)
  • One of Chytil/Kravtsov/Othmann/Gettinger (decent offensive secondary piece, Kravtsov essentially demanded a trade and could be a great buy-low target, while Othmann was a recent 1st round pick)
  • 1st or 2nd round pick (depending on the combination of players above)

Othmann really impressed me at the U18s.  He'd be my preferred piece but Chytil probably works better for their cap.

If Miller goes back to Broadway it’s going to be a package including a few players like Kravstov, Lundkvist, Miller, Lindgren, Chytil and the insider reports are that Schneider, Kakko and LaFrienier are untouchables 

I think if they could get Lundkvist, Kravstov and Lindgren or Chytil that would be a great package of players that would fix Vancouver’s defensive depth on cheap contracts that are young and only going to get better 

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Othmann really impressed me at the U18s.  He'd be my preferred piece but Chytil probably works better for their cap.

Miller = Chytil, Schneider, 1st

Miller + Schenn = Chytil, Schneider, Barron, 2nd

Miller + Motte = Chytil, Schneider, Othmann, 2nd

As for the OP, I doubt they're available and a 'shiny' as they are, they're not really what we need.