Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the RHD prospects in or around the NHL


Recommended Posts

Here are all the ranked Right Hand Dman  + Our Own Jack Rathbone for context

 

The Hockey Writers Jan. 11, 2022 Mid season Top 100 players not in the NHL (Drafted)

 

Helge Grans............................90          RHD            19 years old             6'3"              206          2020           2nd round 35OA           LA Kings

Justin Barrons.........................81          RHD            20 years old             6'2"              195          2020           1st round  25OA           Colorado

Victor Soderstrom...................71           RHD            20 years old             6'0"              182          2019           1st round  11 OA          Arizona

Jacob Docker-Bernard............66           RHD            21 years old             6'0"              187          2018           1st round  26 OA          Ottawa

Jack Rathbone.......................60           LHD             22 years old             5'11"            190          2017           4th round  95 OA          Vancouver

Calen Addison.........................45           RHD             21 years old            5'10"            178          2018           2nd round  53 OA          Minnesota

Braden Schneider....................41           RHD             19 years old            6'2"              202          2020           1st round    19 OA         NYRangers

Brandt Clarke...........................13           RHD             18 years old            6'2"              185          2021           1st round     8 OA          LA Kings

 

Here is Drive4Five October, 2021 Preseason Rankings Top 100 players not in the NHL (Drafted)

 

Brock Faber..............................89            RHD            19 years old            6'0"               190          2020           2nd round   45             LA Kings

Josh Brook...............................81            RHD            22 years old            6'2"               185          2017           2nd round 56               Montreal

Justin Barrons..........................75

Braden Schneider.....................69

Jacob Docker-Bernard............. 66

Jack Rathbone........................64

Nill Lundkvist............................62            RHD             21 years old           5'11"              187         2018            1st round  28             NY Rangers

Caden Addison.........................52

Victor Soderstrom.....................48

Brandt Clarke............................42

Jamie Drysdale.........................12              RHD            19 years old            5'11''              175         2020            1st round 6               Anaheim       

Moritz Seider ..............................5              RHD             20 years old           6'3"                208         2019            1st round 6               Detroit

 

 

There are a few, just out side of the top 100 that I am reminded of

 

Wilde, Morrow, Mailloux, Woo (Not sure where any of them would rank in a top 200? But if we are trying to trade for any of them, his gives you something to consider

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jet Woo.  He’s the best.  Then it’s a BIG DROP OFF from him.  

Thank God in Heaven we have a GM (yes, I know.  He’s a Chipmunk) who will understand Woo is the best prospect out there, and we have him.  

Put down the scotch you're getting Woozy.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Here are all the ranked Right Hand Dman  + Our Own Jack Rathbone for context

 

The Hockey Writers Jan. 11, 2022 Mid season Top 100 players not in the NHL (Drafted)

 

Helge Grans............................90          RHD            19 years old             6'3"              206          2020           2nd round 35OA           LA Kings

Justin Barrons.........................81          RHD            20 years old             6'2"              195          2020           1st round  25OA           Colorado

Victor Soderstrom...................71           RHD            20 years old             6'0"              182          2019           1st round  11 OA          Arizona

Jacob Docker-Bernard............66           RHD            21 years old             6'0"              187          2018           1st round  26 OA          Ottawa

Jack Rathbone.......................60           LHD             22 years old             5'11"            190          2017           4th round  95 OA          Vancouver

Calen Addison.........................45           RHD             21 years old            5'10"            178          2018           2nd round  53 OA          Minnesota

Braden Schneider....................41           RHD             19 years old            6'2"              202          2020           1st round    19 OA         NYRangers

Brandt Clarke...........................13           RHD             18 years old            6'2"              185          2021           1st round     8 OA          LA Kings

 

Here is Drive4Five October, 2021 Preseason Rankings Top 100 players not in the NHL (Drafted)

 

Brock Faber..............................89            RHD            19 years old            6'0"               190          2020           2nd round   45             LA Kings

Josh Brook...............................81            RHD            22 years old            6'2"               185          2017           2nd round 56               Montreal

Justin Barrons..........................75

Braden Schneider.....................69

Jacob Docker-Bernard............. 66

Jack Rathbone........................64

Nill Lundkvist............................62            RHD             21 years old           5'11"              187         2018            1st round  28             NY Rangers

Caden Addison.........................52

Victor Soderstrom.....................48

Brandt Clarke............................42

Jamie Drysdale.........................12              RHD            19 years old            5'11''              175         2020            1st round 6               Anaheim       

Moritz Seider ..............................5              RHD             20 years old           6'3"                208         2019            1st round 6               Detroit

 

 

There are a few, just out side of the top 100 that I am reminded of

 

Wilde, Morrow, Mailloux, Woo (Not sure where any of them would rank in a top 200? But if we are trying to trade for any of them, his gives you something to consider

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LA is deep with good RHD prospects 

Clarke, Grans, Durzi, Spence, Faber are all solid I would pay a high price for Clarke who leads the OHL in scoring from the blueline in his D+1 kid's still only 18 could probably use another year to simmer. 

 

Seeing as the Rockets are my local WHL team I gotta give a shout out to Lassi Thompson and Kaden Korkzak.

  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the two RHD I would target would be Soderstrom and Lundkvist as they both have upside and are young and also not going to cost a ransom in a trade, like Lundkvist would most likely be included in the package for JT Miller and Soderstrom doesn’t seem to be untouchable if they are willing to trade Chychrun then Soderstrom is not out of the question and could be traded for Rathbone as the Coyotes were interested in him the last two offseasons in the OEL trade speculation 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

I think the two RHD I would target would be Soderstrom and Lundkvist as they both have upside and are young and also not going to cost a ransom in a trade, like Lundkvist would most likely be included in the package for JT Miller and Soderstrom doesn’t seem to be untouchable if they are willing to trade Chychrun then Soderstrom is not out of the question and could be traded for Rathbone as the Coyotes were interested in him the last two offseasons in the OEL trade speculation 

 

 

IMHO, you might be looking for too much offense..............

 

 I think I would be looking at Helge Grans or Barron...the cost might be less than Soderstrom 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

LA is deep with good RHD prospects 

Clarke, Grans, Durzi, Spence, Faber are all solid I would pay a high price for Clarke who leads the OHL in scoring from the blueline in his D+1 kid's still only 18 could probably use another year to simmer. 

 

Seeing as the Rockets are my local WHL team I gotta give a shout out to Lassi Thompson and Kaden Korkzak.

Another name......Corson Ceulemans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We're trading Miller to the NYR and Lafrennier is coming back

 

Then we're trading Lafrenier to Montreal for their 2023 lottery protected 1st and Mailleaux to take that headache away from the Habs' spotlight

 

It's all coming together

you had me until the sex offender part of the deal.

 

NYR does seem like an ideal partner, looking at @J.I.A.H.N's list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, JM_ said:

you had me until the sex offender part of the deal.

 

NYR does seem like an ideal partner, looking at @J.I.A.H.N's list. 

Idiot or not....he's a solid prospect and I've little doubts that the new Habs GM would be thrilled to get that headache out of his way.

 

We've seen countless stupid players commit horrible issues as kids and adults.  If we can rehab this kid AND get a lottery protected high pick it an unrestricted pick the following year from a team that will be picking highly for a few seasons....

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Idiot or not....he's a solid prospect and I've little doubts that the new Habs GM would be thrilled to get that headache out of his way.

 

We've seen countless stupid players commit horrible issues as kids and adults.  If we can rehab this kid AND get a lottery protected high pick it an unrestricted pick the following year from a team that will be picking highly for a few seasons....

we can aim higher. The difference between this kid and Kane, is this kid was convicted. Hard pass for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we can aim higher. The difference between this kid and Kane, is this kid was convicted. Hard pass for me. 

Pass all you'd like.  He;s still a very solid prospect in his position and while I also would hesitate if we could obtain a quality return of an RHD prospect AND Laff with a pick, then dangle Laff to the Habs and get their 1st and yet another D prospect we do that and smile.  Just because we'd obtain him doesn't mean we would have keep him either. 

 

But optics and issues aside this kid is still a very gifted RHD prospect, the type of which nets returns in this league.  He could then be a part of yet another trade or we could slap him in to respectability and see if he works out.

 

To be honest, imaginary trades aside.  I feel as though Mailloux would be a piece the Habs might release very easily for a loss just to get it out from under their umbrella.

 

Edit*. Keeping in mind this kid willingly pulled himself from the draft and asked teams NOT to draft him at all based on his conduct.  The Habs stunned everyone by doing what no other team wanted to.  Willingly taking yourself out of the draft and asking teams to not select you based on your conduct after even pleading guilty shows that this kid knows he messed up and was willing to accept everything he got from it.  There's hope for him

Edited by Warhippy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pass all you'd like.  He;s still a very solid prospect in his position and while I also would hesitate if we could obtain a quality return of an RHD prospect AND Laff with a pick, then dangle Laff to the Habs and get their 1st and yet another D prospect we do that and smile.  Just because we'd obtain him doesn't mean we would have keep him either. 

 

But optics and issues aside this kid is still a very gifted RHD prospect, the type of which nets returns in this league.  He could then be a part of yet another trade or we could slap him in to respectability and see if he works out.

 

To be honest, imaginary trades aside.  I feel as though Mailloux would be a piece the Habs might release very easily for a loss just to get it out from under their umbrella.

 

Edit*. Keeping in mind this kid willingly pulled himself from the draft and asked teams NOT to draft him at all based on his conduct.  The Habs stunned everyone by doing what no other team wanted to.  Willingly taking yourself out of the draft and asking teams to not select you based on your conduct after even pleading guilty shows that this kid knows he messed up and was willing to accept everything he got from it.  There's hope for him

I get it, I do. Its just not something I'd want to see happen. 

 

I suppose we could always flip him to LA now that Bergevin is there :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

you had me until the sex offender part of the deal.

 

NYR does seem like an ideal partner, looking at @J.I.A.H.N's list. 

The guy shared nude photos of a girl he slept with right? While abhorrent pretty sure this is going on all the damn time these days. He was young and this is something you can come back from in my opinion. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I get it, I do. Its just not something I'd want to see happen. 

 

I suppose we could always flip him to LA now that Bergevin is there :ph34r:

I like that idea as well.  There;s another former D prospect that nobody wanted who made NUMEROUS  statements about skin colour and orientation etc and was not remorseful at all.  He's currently in Carolina.  Doing just fine.  He was drafted by Tampa and then used as a trade chip, I'd do that with Mailloux.  If he can be rehabbed or is actually growing as a human he'd also be a fine point producing RHD which we do not have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

The guy shared nude photos of a girl he slept with right? While abhorrent pretty sure this is going on all the damn time these days. He was young and this is something you can come back from in my opinion. 

Actually while she was giving him an oral treat.  The biggest issues are the invasion of privacy plus the fact while he was 18 the girl was in fact underaged.  So there's a number of disgusting situations that were addressed in criminal court over his actions.  I do not condone, accept or respect them but I also know how stupid 18 year olds are and how many mistakes I made before growing up.  Mistakes in this day and age which would have me ostracized from society.

 

This kid is a point producing RHD, we don't and many NHL teams don't have that.  Defensive lapses can be taught, but that level of pure skill can't.  I also have a feeling that he'd be a very cheap pick up.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warhippy said:

Actually while she was giving him an oral treat.  The biggest issues are the invasion of privacy plus the fact while he was 18 the girl was in fact underaged.  So there's a number of disgusting situations that were addressed in criminal court over his actions.  I do not condone, accept or respect them but I also know how stupid 18 year olds are and how many mistakes I made before growing up.  Mistakes in this day and age which would have me ostracized from society.

 

This kid is a point producing RHD, we don't and many NHL teams don't have that.  Defensive lapses can be taught, but that level of pure skill can't.  I also have a feeling that he'd be a very cheap pick up.

I agree an 18 year old making a mistake such as this I can look past if the right steps are made. Underage? Like how old? Because 16 is whatever...14 or 15...not so good but the latter happened all the time when I was a teen. Now if 13...gross. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The guy shared nude photos of a girl he slept with right? While abhorrent pretty sure this is going on all the damn time these days. He was young and this is something you can come back from in my opinion. 

I guess having a daughter about that age makes me want to smack him more than forgive him. I think he's shown who he is. If others think he deserves a 2nd chance thats fine, I just don't agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...