The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Penguins re-sign Jeff Carter

Just now, stawns said:

so you're saying Carter and Miller are close for you then I assume?  That doesn't sound like you think as highly of Miller as you claim to.  

Your All out of context and assuming again  Stawnzy..    good players really can have longetivity.    … but you know, or get a feeling for Millers career.

Even Kreskin’s telepathic powers don’t match up to yours.

you did say he is declining.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your All out of context and assuming again  Stawnzy..    good players really can have longetivity.    … but you know, or get a feeling for Millers career.

Even Kreskin’s telepathic powers don’t match up to yours.

you did say he is declining.

I said who was declining?

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You'll note they signed Carter to a 2 year, $3.125m contract. Ie: not a 6-8 year, $8m-9.5m anchor.

I know you haven't bothered to either read or comprehend any of my posts, but once again, I have no problem with players over 30. None. I'd be thrilled if Allvin signs Pavelski to that same (Carter) deal this summer.

But carry on with you awesome "Be a GM" ideas like "sign Kane" and "Extend Miller to an anchor".

That’s so you,.  !

your posts have players from everywhere and Timbuktu coming here for Miller.

you could be the GM of the Timbuktu Tuuks for all I know?

or..  

GIF by Fantasy Island Movie

Edited by SilentSam

Some context.

Prior to this recent extension, Carter cap hit was only $5.272M (one of the 11yr deals).  At the time it was 8.8% of the cap hit when it was signed.

The last 4 years his production was crap.  The 3 years before that he was avg 60pts.  This year is his resurgence.

6 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I am calling BS on that chart. The chart indicates that a 18-19 year old  will be as productive as a 30-31 year old. Who exactly are all of these 18-19 year olds that are scoring at more than 80% of their peak 24 year old production. 

The very few 18/19 year olds who make the NHL at forward are usually top picks. ;)

Edited by Gnarcore

10 hours ago, Devron said:

On another note I wonder what Kopitar could have done on another team. LA has been a low scoring team for like what seems forever 

With his size and skill he could have been a superstar center on a more offensively geared team. 6'3", 225 pounds. He's Getzlaf size, but better defensively. I mean, his career high was 92 points with LA. Even this season he's nearly PPG. 

Size, sublime skill, wins faceoffs effectively, two time Selke winner, two cups, centreman. He's a unicorn. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, Gnarcore said:

The very few 18/19 year olds who make the NHL at forward are usually top picks. ;)

It is kind of cherry picked at least for the 18-21 years as really only elite players produce in the NHL at those ages so those years are kind of artificially high.