The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:
From BladesofSteel.com : Evander Kane being sued again.
Evander being another multimillion dollar lawsuit
Photo credit: Evander Kane

EVANDER KANE BEING SUED IN ANOTHER MULTIMILLION DOLLAR LAWSUIT

OCT 8, 2022  (10H42)      JOSH

Since arriving in Edmonton Evander Kane had managed to keep himself out of the headlines as much as possible. The polarizing forward has a checkered past following him all the way back to his time as a member of the Atlanta Thrashers. The current lawsuit against Kane isn't a new incident and stems from the breach of an oral agreement Kane made after a sexual encounter in 2017.

According to court documents in 2016 and 2017 Kane had sexual relations with Jane Doe, while still being with his eventual wife Anna Kane. According to Factz.com the lawsuit has been filed in the Superior Court of California. The Santa Monica District has now set a hearing date for February 3rd, 2023. Jane Doe is reportedly seeking $6,000,000 in damages in the case.

In court documents Jane Doe claims Kane breached an oral contract. The documents also claim Kane is guilty of fraud, misrepresentation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and promissory estoppel.

Over the course of their relationship Kane reportedly forced Jane Doe into 3 separate abortions including the following:

On May 13, 2018, Kane and Jane Doe had sexual relations, which led to a third pregnancy. Jane Doe told Kane she intended to bring this pregnancy to term. Kane offered $1,000,000.00 to Jane Doe to terminate the baby. Jane Doe refused.

Kane texted Jane Doe, "This will ruin my career I know," and "I'm begging you please." Kane allegedly continued to bully Jane Doe to abort for the third time.

On or around June 4, 2018, Kane agreed to pay Jane Doe $3,000,000.00 to terminate the pregnancy. Kane and Jane Doe had reached an agreement, and over the following weeks, Jane Doe took injections to terminate the pregnancy. By June 29, 2018, Jane Doe received a final confirmation that the termination of pregnancy was complete.

Kane's legal team, the NHL and the Oilers have yet to issue any statement on this pending legal matter, but don't expect this case to have an impact on Kane's playing career.

lol 3 abortion?? ever heard of birth control pills? sounds more like she always was looking for payday

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So it is the writer's opinion then?

If so should that not be part of a new sentence?

Calling all teachers, and @stawns , by name.

Anybody know much about BladesOfSteel.com?

I certainly did not do any research into it.

Edit: and I'm not getting anywhere with it either.

Edited by Goal:thecup

9 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

assuming it is true, because I mean come on look who it is, why would it ruin his career? the options aren't good. 

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

assuming it is true, because I mean come on look who it is, why would it ruin his career? the options aren't good. 

I guess its not that much of a reach to believe, as I did, that it was true without checking anything, in that there seems to be little in his past that would constitute sound financial management.

Still would like to know if it's true or not.

Ruin his career?  At this point it might be adding to the legend. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Bladeofsteel.com got the story from Factz.com which looks to be an online rag that covers anything to do with the rich and famous, influencers etc.

When you get to their site put Evander Kane into the search bar and this story comes up, published there 2 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...