The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Anyone saying this is a no risk move is as delusional as Holland working with that D and G situation. 

In fairness they probably looked at their negligible cap space and realized they werent getting a goaltending upgrade or a significant defensive upgrade, and its not like they have great depth scoring pieces to trade. 
So they just doubled down and figured maybe we can outscore our problems and maybe Mike Smith comes back and plays like he did last year

Dont think they had many options tbh. 

Just now, eeeeergh said:

In fairness they probably looked at their negligible cap space and realized they werent getting a goaltending upgrade or a significant defensive upgrade, and its not like they have great depth scoring pieces to trade. 
So they just doubled down and figured maybe we can outscore our problems and maybe Mike Smith comes back and plays like he did last year

Dont think they had many options tbh. 

This wasn’t a good option either and addresses zero percent of their issues and likely creates more than it solves too. Any way you look at it logically it is FAR from a zero risk move. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Should we start taking bets on who he’ll have an altercation with first?

I’m gonna go with Keith. That guy seems like he doesn’t take sh&t and Kane is full of it.

Not sure about that he seemed too casual and too much playing dumb with the cover up in Chicago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

This wasn’t a good option either and addresses zero percent of their issues and likely creates more than it solves too. Any way you look at it logically it is FAR from a zero risk move. 

They get an immediate scoring upgrade and only have to put up with him for a couple of months if he's a problem child. Chances are he's on good behaviour for a little while anyway given his current circumstances. 

Edmonton knows they're not winning anything with their current issues, and may not even make the playoffs if they dont do something. Maybe this gives them an extra 0.3-0.4 goals per game and gets them into the playoffs idk. Not the worst move for them. 

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

There's a chance he helps them outscore their mistakes and make the playoffs, if it happens so be it. I'm still glad he didn't end up here. 

I’m sure he’ll perform there.

He needs to make more money to pay off his gambling debts.

Some GMs want players that are motivated by winning cups. Holland apparently wants players that are motivated by inflating their own egos.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Jan, he faked a vaccination card. Thats not in question. 

True, and a valid point, but some of this is just pure speculation and rumour................

But, again, we are not trying to produce a country club....but a hockey team...............

That is where our concern should start and end..............

We should not be the jury, especially with the scant information we work with around here.

Just my 2 cents worth!

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Should we start taking bets on who he’ll have an altercation with first?

I’m gonna go with Keith. That guy seems like he doesn’t take sh&t and Kane is full of it.

Yeah, I could see that.  I might actually gain some respect for DK if that happens.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

There's a chance he helps them outscore their mistakes and make the playoffs, if it happens so be it. I'm still glad he didn't end up here. 

That has worked so well with the Laffs, and their defence and goaltending is still less questionable than Edmonton’s.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure he’ll perform there.

He needs to make more money to pay off his gambling debts.

Some GMs want players that are motivated by winning cups. Holland apparently wants players that are motivated by inflating their own egos.

Dude wants to get paid, he needs to get paid, he'll try his best. 

I hope he figures his life out, I don't wish him ill will. But yeah, didn't want him here. 

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

That has worked so well with the Laffs, and their defence and goaltending is still less questionable than Edmonton’s.

True, but the Oil wouldn't be the first glass cannon to make the playoffs. We'll see. 

12 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

They get an immediate scoring upgrade and only have to put up with him for a couple of months if he's a problem child. Chances are he's on good behaviour for a little while anyway given his current circumstances. 

Edmonton knows they're not winning anything with their current issues, and may not even make the playoffs if they dont do something. Maybe this gives them an extra 0.3-0.4 goals per game and gets them into the playoffs idk. Not the worst move for them. 

This move is like plugging a hole in your boat after the ship has already sunk. 

Kane could easily score well over a point per game playing with McDavid, but I'm not sure he's worth the locker room cancer that he's proven to be. As others have alluded to, he reminds me of Virtanen is some respects and probably needs some time off to grow up and figure out life.

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I get that. But to me thats a line good people don't cross, and I'm glad I don't have to see him in my teams colours. Faking a vaccination record makes him a piece of $&!# in my eyes. 

I agree that it is underhanded, I agree that it is ignorant

But what if he sees the errors of his ways and changes

Do we not show mercy? Do we not fore give in this day and age?