The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reverse Retro jerseys making a comeback for 2022-23 season

Rate this topic

I’m in the minority here, but I still love the late 90s original orca logo and colourway. It’s what I grew up with! Would love something around that.

I also have a t-shirt I bought at the team store a few years ago that gets me a lot of compliments. The skate logo in black and white, with a white base. I’ve never seen this design anywhere else - could make a cool alternate.

C50F5700-EE34-4C2D-8847-9BA9BE56F506.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Give us the V unis in current colors just to mail it in as the rest will be just as bad :bigblush:

Vancouver Canucks Modern Flying V Jersey Concept - Talk Hockey

I like the idea but this mock up looks more like a graduation gown than a hockey jersey.

It makes it look like Henrik waiting to get an honorary degree from UBC.

• Haha 4

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

lol, the NHL is trying way too hard with the woke representation stuff

besides that most of these are horrendous, the previous round had nicer designs imo. The only ones I kinda like are the Canucks (luckily), Jets, Sabers, Capitals, Senators, Flyers and Kings.

Edited by Rubik

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

besides that most of these are horrendous, the previous round had nicer designs imo. The only ones I kinda like are the Canucks (luckily), Jets, Sabers, Capitals, Senators, Flyers and Kings.

It's not "woke representation stuff", it's marketing.. 

Most of the teams are based in the US, which given it has a population of 330M+, has a very diverse population. It absolutely makes sense to market your product in a way that represents different demographics, people want to see people who look like themselves in media. 

It's not a political statement, it's a marketing appeal to what the NHL likely hopes are increasingly diverse and growing fanbases. In the end it boils down to money. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

The guy wearing the Red Wings jersey seems to be checking out the Habs jersey girl...

The Oilers being an orange oil drop makes it look like a fried egg.

I hate almost all of these.

Vegas checking out the Penguins too….

I’ve always liked the Oilers gear but they wrecked it with the colours.  Brutal 

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, Rubik said:

Woke whining is tiring tbh this isn’t woke stop being offended over inclusion. 

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's not a political statement [...] In the end it boils down to money

those two things walk hand in hand nowadays, you can't really have one without the other.

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Woke whining is tiring tbh this isn’t woke stop being offended over inclusion. 

I wouldn't say I'm whining, it's just an observation. I think it's a bit insulting though how inclusion is communicated and presented... we are treated like simple minded children, while the NHL pretends like this achieves anything... You want inclusion and diversity promoted in the NHL? Do that where it counts: help create youth programs and shine more light on current/previous LGBT+/people of color players that played in the NHL. But don't pretend that your average viewership looks like a Netflix cast just to score woke points.

Edited by Rubik

5 hours ago, Rubik said:

those two things walk hand in hand nowadays, you can't really have one without the other.

I wouldn't say I'm whining, it's just an observation. I think it's a bit insulting though how inclusion is communicated and presented... we are treated like simple minded children, while the NHL pretends like this achieves anything... You want inclusion and diversity promoted in the NHL? Do that where it counts: help create youth programs and shine more light on current/previous LGBT+/people of color players that played in the NHL. But don't pretend that your average viewership looks like a Netflix cast just to score woke points.

My friend, they're models wearing a hockey jersey. They're likely just a bunch of models on Adidas's payroll. Would you have preferred faceless mannequins? I hate wokeness as much as any sane human being, but this isn't that. Stop tilting at windmills.

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 1

Many teams just rehashing their 90's era jerseys which is too bad. IMO the 90's was one of the worst era's for jerseys so I do not like the choice made by the Caps, Isles, Ducks, Lightning, Bruins, Flamers, Rangers, Pens and Sabres.

I do like what the Hawks, Wild, Coyotes and Kraken have done.

Best of the best to me is the Sharks....... It is simple and bland I know but I love the throw back to the 70's Golden Seals team.

As for the Canucks........ well I am OK with Johnny Canuck for a third jersey but the colours just don't look good together. They should stick with the black, gold and reddish colour scheme for a while longer for third jerseys. Either that or have their green as the dominant color.

2 hours ago, GB5 said:

Many teams just rehashing their 90's era jerseys which is too bad. IMO the 90's was one of the worst era's for jerseys so I do not like the choice made by the Caps, Isles, Ducks, Lightning, Bruins, Flamers, Rangers, Pens and Sabres.

I do like what the Hawks, Wild, Coyotes and Kraken have done.

Best of the best to me is the Sharks....... It is simple and bland I know but I love the throw back to the 70's Golden Seals team.

As for the Canucks........ well I am OK with Johnny Canuck for a third jersey but the colours just don't look good together. They should stick with the black, gold and reddish colour scheme for a while longer for third jerseys. Either that or have their green as the dominant color.

The skate is the current alternate now