at 22 he scored 18 pts

Hoggles scored 15 pts at 20, easy replacement

you guys are nuts if you think he is worth anything near Miller

Miller is worth more than 2 Garlands any day of the week and 4 on Sundays

Garland would make a good 3rd line scorer on a contender

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Good player, plays bigger than he is but I believe playoffs would be different and his size would show.

we need to get bigger 

I trade Hoglander, Pearson, Boeser, and all the bottom of the roster guys to accomplish that before I trade Garland.

If there’s an offer that’s too good to be true, make the move. Biggest factor in a Garland trade will be Brock’s future in Van. If BB signs a long term cap friendly deal? Garland won’t be going anywhere. If there are any hints Brock won’t sign for less than his qualifying offer, JR has to be shopping him over Garland. But we might get more of a return for Garland. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Sure… no one is untouchable, but unless the offers are remarkable some of those calls are going to be pretty short.

I don’t think any of our forwards are in the “must keep at all costs” category.

In order of “unlikely” to move at this deadline, I rate Garland just behind Horvat and Petterson.

I order of likeliest to move (for different reasons, including no one wanting them)…

Miller, Boeser, Motte, Pearson, Dickerson, Hoglander, then the rest of the motley crew (Lammiko, Highmore, Chiasson, Dowling, Keeper, Sutter, then Podkolzin.

This would be a really tough pill to swallow. We just traded a top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder to acquire this guy. Again, I'll say I have liked OELs play this year. But he had no value with that contract and could end up being a tough contract in a couple years. Garland was the prized jewel of this trade, and I couldn't imagine us getting equal value to what we have up to acquire him. Unless the return on Garland is a capable, young, top 4 Dman, this would be a really rough turn of events.

Edited by Shayster007

There will be tons of rumors. 

It will be interesting to see who this management see as a core worth building around. Guys like Horvat are looking for them to add and make the team better. If they start to move out players like Miller and Garland then that could signal a longer period of time before they are a perennial playoff team.  Horvat may not want to stay.

It should be fun to watch. Hughes and Petterson are young and a few years away from their prime. They may focus on building a young core around them. Hopefully Horvat can be convinced to be patient.  

We might see Miller, Boeser, Garland , Pearson , Dickinson ,and Motte all on the block.

Just now, appleboy said:

There will be tons of rumors. 

It will be interesting to see who this management see as a core worth building around. Guys like Horvat are looking for them to add and make the team better. If they start to move out players like Miller and Garland then that could signal a longer period of time before they are a perennial playoff team.  Horvat may not want to stay.

It should be fun to watch. Hughes and Petterson are young and a few years away from their prime. They may focus on building a young core around them. Hopefully Horvat can be convinced to be patient.  

We might see Miller, Boeser, Garland , Pearson , Dickinson ,and Motte all on the block.

Horvat

Demko

Hughes

Petey

Podz

Hogz

Are the guys they build around, imo.  I could see Garland in there too.  However, you can really see they need to add at least another dman to that group.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can see Garland being part of the core in Van for awhile.

yeah me too. 

This is easy media stuff, of course teams are "calling" but we have no idea what the ask would be. It has to be a 1st plus a solid roster player or a really good young prospect d. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yeah me too. 

This is easy media stuff, of course teams are "calling" but we have no idea what the ask would be. It has to be a 1st plus a solid roster player or a really good young prospect d. 

Well exactly other teams probably call about Hughes too. You're a bad GM if you don't.

Doesn't mean it has legs.

"Want to trade 43?"

"Eff off"

"How about Garland?"

"I'm listening"

I do feel JR will pull something wild though. 

Edited by Chris12345

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Horvat

Demko

Hughes

Petey

Podz

Hogz

Are the guys they build around, imo.  I could see Garland in there too.  However, you can really see they need to add at least another dman to that group.

There is one thing for sure. If the JR management group decide to step back for a year or two and lets call it retool. They have some real currency in the bank to spend.

Miller, Boeser, Garland, Pearson and Motte.