The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

I was so happy when they got Garland and can see him being a mainstay here.  However, this team needs young dmen in a bad way and if he brought in a 22-23 top 4 dman or young top 3d prospect, I'd hope they'd think long and hard about it.

Sam Girard?

• Cheers 1

This is typical every time a new GM takes over a team that isn't quite performing to where they should. Doesn't mean they will trade everyone. GM's are going try to take advantage of a first time GM. I just know JR can be trigger happy so I hope if he does trade players its for top assets back, not just a combination of 3-4 average pieces.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Kinda funny how the narrative was that our future was bleak, and that we had no prospects. Suddenly we have assets to move that can easily add to the prospect pool.

It's really obvious that even though we moved some first round picks that we have retained their value of acquired players.

It's almost like the narratives about this team have been politically based, rather than based on reality.

If they commit and do it right, it could be a very fast turn around for this team.  I actually think this was probably JBs plan for the next year or so too.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

LMFAOOO. Aka we shouldnt have traded with ARZ in the off season 

Dhaliwal is a bumbling idiot with no real valuable insight. Just another loud mouth, annoying “insider” with an opinion.

Cap flexibility is a big issue, definitely. But OEL has stabilized our D, and Garland is a key piece at his price and within the core age demo. 

Hate to say it, but Miller is our best option, followed by Bo and Brock. 
I imagine one of these 3 will be gone, with BB6 being my first pick.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I say keep Garland unless there is an offer that blows the socks off of management. I am glad that JR is here. Imagine if he wasn’t and there was a rookie GM and a rookie AGM. Haven’t we seen this story before hmmm.