The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

proposal for Demko

Nope for reasons mentioned before me.

But also, we are not tanking/rebuilding. The team is too good to finish in the bottom 3-5.

Retool shouldn't be too long and when it's done, we will need Demko.

In fact, I think we can retool while being competitive. Just look at Tampa Bay Lightnings after St. Louis trade in 2015. Their young guys took a step and they were a powerhouse.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, khay said:

Nope for reasons mentioned before me.

But also, we are not tanking/rebuilding. The team is too good to finish in the bottom 3-5.

Retool shouldn't be too long and when it's done, we will need Demko.

In fact, I think we can retool while being competitive. Just look at Tampa Bay Lightnings after St. Louis trade in 2015. Their young guys took a step and they were a powerhouse.

This. With the right moves, there's zero reason why we couldn't be ~ the same bubble playoff team, we already are, with the players some don't want to see moved, moved.

All while improving our youth, speed, cap allocation, mid-long term competitiveness, etc, etc...

Doesn’t work for anyone.  A team like Vancouver that’s looking to take the next step towards being a playoff team can’t start over with no goaltender.  Likewise a rebuilding team isn’t going to pay 2 very high firsts for a goalie.  Goalies just don’t bring that sort of return. 

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Call Edmonton and ask them what they think of having no goalie.

Yep - and for those who were around for the WCE era ... well really from early 90's McLean until Luongo...it's simply not fun without good - great goaltending no matter what else is going on.    One Butcher like deal away from being a very good team right now.    Lopsided ... but well one can hope.  

• Cheers 1