Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) NYR-VAN


Recommended Posts

NYR

 

Miller

Rathbone

 

Miller in 2-3 years when this team should be very competitive he will be aging out with a large next contract. Rathbone should be a very good player going forward but with Hughes already being undersized Id like to see a slightly large D corps behind him. 

 

Vancouver Canucks

 

Kakko or Lafreniere

Schneider

 

Vancouver gets a talented forward. I value both those guys equally. Preference to Laf because we really need some pure skill. Schneider is the Ideal partner for Hughes. Big but with an offensive side to him.

 

This trade hurts us now without a doubt, but adding a top 6 winger that will have plenty of opportunity here and a top 4D that can step in with Hughes would be a major win for this team.

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another proposal criminally underrating Miller (point/ game, was top-20 point getter in the league, versatile and can play all situations and forward positions in a top-line capacity, plus he's big, gritty and good in faceoffs).  Schneider straight-up for him is a joke, it's not like they're on an even level like Johansen-Jones.  Kakko or Lafreniere have too much boom or bust potential for my liking.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd do Laff/Schneider for Miller straight up with no other assets or retained salary involved.   

 

I believe Lafrenier will develop into an elite forward and Schneider into a top 3 defenceman. 

 

I also believe Miller will be asking for a career-defining contract (with clauses and near max term) after his current one expires and it'll be a contract likely even Miller won't be able to actually play up to after the first 2 years or so.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

NYR

 

Miller

Rathbone

 

Miller in 2-3 years when this team should be very competitive he will be aging out with a large next contract. Rathbone should be a very good player going forward but with Hughes already being undersized Id like to see a slightly large D corps behind him. 

 

Vancouver Canucks

 

Kakko or Lafreniere

Schneider

 

Vancouver gets a talented forward. I value both those guys equally. Preference to Laf because we really need some pure skill. Schneider is the Ideal partner for Hughes. Big but with an offensive side to him.

 

This trade hurts us now without a doubt, but adding a top 6 winger that will have plenty of opportunity here and a top 4D that can step in with Hughes would be a major win for this team.

 

I would rather trade Miller -- Motte

(Lafreniere or kakko }-- Schneider 20, 6'2, RD future #3 D---2ND ROUNDER

COLORADO--- Miller - Motte

 Van---Newhook -- Jost-- Toews --2023 -2nd rounder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Another proposal criminally underrating Miller (point/ game, was top-20 point getter in the league, versatile and can play all situations and forward positions in a top-line capacity, plus he's big, gritty and good in faceoffs).  Schneider straight-up for him is a joke, it's not like they're on an even level like Johansen-Jones.  Kakko or Lafreniere have too much boom or bust potential for my liking.

And i'm sure NYR fan see this thread as criminally underrating their recent top of the draft picks.    Both played as 18-19 year olds, they are developing at the NHL level.    EP and QHs wouldn't have won or been Calder finalists either if they'd done this.     You take this deal and run.    NYR does have the most impatient management history in the NHL...forever - so it's also a plausible deal in fact they haven't made it much of a secret they want Miller.   Who will get his legacy deal, just like a couple dozen guys have over the past 40 years.    It's the place stars go for their country club days.   

Edited by IBatch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

And i'm sure NYR fan see this thread as criminally underrating their recent top of the draft picks.    Both played as 18-19 year olds, they are developing at the NHL level.    EP and QHs wouldn't have won or been Calder finalists either if they'd done this.     You take this deal and run.    NYR does have the most impatient management history in the NHL...forever - so it's also a plausible deal in fact they haven't made it much of a secret they want Miller.   Who will get his legacy deal, just like a couple dozen guys have over the past 40 years.    It's the place stars go for their country club days.   

I get that you bank on buy-low potential since management here is good at reclamation projects (helped Markstrom develop into a #1 as one example), but as someone who would label himself conservative, I still think just those two might be too risky (given the forwards' boom-bust potential).  I'd be happy if they did it but there's just the slightest hesitation for a "yes" from me (unless of course the Rangers add a 3rd asset e.g. a pick).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...