The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Jan. 31, 2022 | 4:30 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Out of curiosity what do you think should be done? Honest question.

At the bare minimum:

-Heavier financial fine.

-Loss of significant draft picks.

More that I feel should be done:

-Suspensions to players active at the time.

-Names removed from Stanley Cup.

-Cup rings returned. Materials resold with funds going towards the victims.

Edited by Master Mind
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Heavier financial fine.

Loss of significant draft picks.

Suspensions to players active at the time.

Cup rings returned.

At the bare minimum.

Hmmm. It was an awful situation that's for sure, and. I certainly don't disagree with you. I highly doubt the league revisits the punishment already handed down which was pretty insignificant for their crimes.

Edited by Fan since 82
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Miller for Laffeniere Schneider and a 1st!!

I will say this though. 

I’ve been adamant on keeping Miller and re tooling the team around him. However, if we aren’t in the playoff picture come March, and I don’t mean just barely there but actually in a playoff position, I am all for trading Miller for a kings ransom. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Hmmm. It was an awful situation that's for sur, and. I certainly don't disagree with you. I highly doubt the league revisits the punishment already handed down which was pretty insignificant for their crimes.

I know they won't revisit it unfortunately.

But I sure won't support that team by helping their ratings.

That's the only way to get the league to notice, if everyone boycotted Chicago games. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I will say this though. 

I’ve been adamant on keeping Miller and re tooling the team around him. However, if we aren’t in the playoff picture come March, and I don’t mean just barely there but actually in a playoff position, I am all for trading Miller for a kings ransom. 

This. I need time to see where we are at. That’s been my argument all along. People getting way too excited Lol. I know it’s a tough road ahead but for me a see a playoff team from the start. It was sabotaged by coaching at the start and a few players learning to be consistent players that I did not for see. So for those reasons I refuse to jump on the bandwagon until we are at least a couple weeks from the deadline. It’s still not until the end of March! 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I know they won't revisit it unfortunately.

But I sure won't support that team by helping their ratings.

That's the only way to get the league to notice, if everyone boycotted Chicago games. 

I guess I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain you watching the canucks play the hawks on sportsnet in canada has no bearing whatsoever on the hawks' tv ratings or ad revenue. 

Edited by tas
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

I guess I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain you watching the canucks play the hawks on sportsnet in canada has no bearing whatsoever on the hawks' tv ratings or ad revenue. 

Ratings for all Hawks games being down would increase the odds of the league taking notice.

It would show that other fanbases don't accept how the league mishandled this.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Ratings for all Hawks games being down would increase the odds of the league taking notice.

Tough call. While i hate the Hawks and want them to be held accountable, i also would love to see our boys stomp them tonight. 

Points in 15 out of last 19 games. 

We've played the best teams in the league for a lot of those 19 games. Lost our best players to Covid for periods twice as long as some US teams. 

Petey has his confidence back. 

Let's go streaking! Crush the Blackhawks!  

Leaving Vince Vaughn GIF by filmeditor

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I mean ... sure, I guess. 

if it makes you feel better, by all means, roll with your principles, but you're not going to make enough of a dent in the canucks tv ratings that the league notices the trend that hawks games are a suck on their ad revenue. the only person really missing out is you on watching your team 

I'd say you'd be better served watching the game and hoping for a 10-0 blowout, but that's just one man's opinion. 

• Cheers 1