The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Here's what JT Miller could land the Canucks, and Tyler Myers!

The Toronto Maple Leafs are extremely interested in aquiring JT Miller for a number of reasons. 1. He's the exact type of player a team needs to push a good team over the top in winning a cup. Ask members of the Lightning; he was a massive engine and integral part of that run and cup win. 2. At 5.2 million for the rest of this season and next- what unbelievable value. 3. He adds to that leadership group. 4. He is and plays like a skilled power forward- he'll lead that team in hits for the rest of the season. 5. The Leafs save $2 million, and can use this to snag a depth defenseman like Chiarot.

So what should the Canucks expect in return?

William Nylander and Timothy Liljegren. The Canucks solidify Petey's wing with Nylander ($6.9 million) and Boeser plays on the right side to secure the Canucks top line. Liljegren takes a top 4 spot on the Canucks team, and is young enough to develop into hopefully Hughes's permanent partner.

The next trade is exactly what JR will be looking to do:

Tyler Myers to Columbus for Roslovic and a 2nd rounder. Roslovic is inexpensive, young, fast, and a playmaker first type player. He will be the perfect linemate of Hoglander and Podkolzin = The Canucks third line. The Blue Jackets do this because they get a top 4 RD, which they sadly lack. The Canucks shed Myers salary which frees up cap to cover the Nylander deal and allows room to resign Boeser.

Just my hopes for Team construction. 

Flame away!!!!!!

• Like 1

Your Leaf's proposal makes us much softer to play against.

I have no idea why we would trade Myers that low right now, or any idea why Columbus would be interested in him. It doesn't make Columbus a playoff team.

Overall, Canucks come out diminished on this, we are much easier to play against.

15 minutes ago, jamaw1016 said:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are extremely interested in aquiring JT Miller for a number of reasons. 1. He's the exact type of player a team needs to push a good team over the top in winning a cup. Ask members of the Lightning; he was a massive engine and integral part of that run and cup win. 2. At 5.2 million for the rest of this season and next- what unbelievable value. 3. He adds to that leadership group. 4. He is and plays like a skilled power forward- he'll lead that team in hits for the rest of the season. 5. The Leafs save $2 million, and can use this to snag a depth defenseman like Chiarot.

William Nylander and Timothy Liljegren. The Canucks solidify Petey's wing with Nylander ($6.9 million) and Boeser plays on the right side to secure the Canucks top line. Liljegren takes a top 4 spot on the Canucks team, and is young enough to develop into hopefully Hughes's permanent partner.

Tyler Myers to Columbus for Roslovic and a 2nd rounder. Roslovic is inexpensive, young, fast, and a playmaker first type player. He will be the perfect linemate of Hoglander and Podkolzin = The Canucks third line. The Blue Jackets do this because they get a top 4 RD, which they sadly lack. The Canucks shed Myers salary which frees up cap to cover the Nylander deal and allows room to resign Boeser.

Flame away!!!!!!

Roslovic is from Columbus and I think he loves it there? I doubt they want to move a local and loyal player. And why would Columbus want Motte when they are not even in going to make the playoffs? Roslovic + 2nd? I mean I would do that deal but I don't think CBJ is interested.

And Nylander? lol we don't want to get any softer. We know what Liljegren is and he is a 5/6 defenceman at best? Or did I get that wrong?

Any Miller trade has to have 3 pieces coming back with at least one player having the upside to be equal to or better than Miller in 2-3 years. That's the whole point of trading your best player -- take a step back so that you can take multiple steps forward.

Nylander, while a good skilled player, is not a prospect and doesn't have the upside to be better player than Miller.

Edit: Misread Myers for Motte. But still I don't see a trade between the two teams.

Edited by khay
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

Roslovic is from Columbus and I think he loves it there? I doubt they want to move a local and loyal player. And why would Columbus want Myers when they are not even in going to make the playoffs? Roslovic + 2nd? I mean I would do that deal but I don't think CBJ is interested.

And Nylander? lol we don't want to get any softer. We know what Liljegren is and he is a 5/6 defenceman at best? Or did I get that wrong?

Any Miller trade has to have 3 pieces coming back with at least one player having the upside to be equal to or better than Miller in 2-3 years. That's the whole point of trading your best player -- take a step back so that you can take multiple steps forward.

Nylander, while a good skilled player, is not a prospect and doesn't have the upside to be better player than Miller.

Edit: Misread Myers for Motte.

Nope, bang on from my math!

• Cheers 1

BOS, MIN, CGY, TOR and NYR are the teams rumoured to be interested in JT Miller

CGY - Mangiapane and a 1st+

NYR - Schneider and a 1st+

BOS - Carlo and a 1st+

MIN - Boldy and a 1st+

TOR - No

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, jamaw1016 said:

Flame away!!!!!!

I think there would be zero chance of CBJ moving Roslovic. He's a home town boy, loves it there, they love him. 

As far as the Leafs one goes, it does nothing to improve the team. We'd be better off hanging on to Miller. 

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

BOS, MIN, CGY, TOR and NYR are the teams rumoured to be interested in JT Miller

CGY - Mangiapane and a 1st+

NYR - Schneider and a 1st+

BOS - Carlo and a 1st+

MIN - Boldy and a 1st+

TOR - No

CGY --Dube 23--Zary 20 - Valimaki 23 -D--- 2nd rounder

NYR-- Schneider 20- RD, 6'2 --Chytil - 23- 6'3 C - Barron -23--6'4 -- 2nd rounder

Bos-- Carlo -25-6'4 - 6 x 4.2 million --Fredric 23- 6'2 --- 2nd rounder

Minn-- Boldy 20  - Beckman 20 -LW  - 2nd rounder

5 hours ago, jamaw1016 said:

Flame away!!!!!!

Which Cup win?

4 hours ago, jamaw1016 said:

Flame away!!!!!!

It's rumored that JR may be demanding three or four pieces for JTM, and rightfully so. It's also rumored that he's looking to be concentrating on prospects (which I'm all for). 

One thing I want to see is getting back to a more Pacific style game. Big, physical, grinding hockey. The style of hockey that wins championships. I

I'm not saying JR should completely abandon skill and IQ but, physical edge should be part of a players make up; 

The perfect example of the type of player I'm talking about is Evander Kane. I don't want Kane, due to his personal issues but, his balance of skills, IQ, size, and willingness to play a mean spirited game are all at high levels. It is so unfortunate his character seems deeply flawed. 

Top prospects on my wishlist are Mason McTavish, Braden Schneider, Ryan O'Rourke.

My top three draft hopes are Juraj Slafkovsky, David Jiricek, and Ryan Chesley. 

All these players play an edgy, physical game and have skills and hockey smarts.

Any deal that nets us a couple of these players, I'm all for.

I'd have to think that any deal involving Myers would have to include some salary retention. I'm for any deal that gets the bulk of his caphit off the books.

The Canucks are looking to create cap space and restock our prospect pool with any upcoming moves, so I seriously doubt Rutherford is interested in taking back any expensive contracts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamaw1016 said:

Flame away!!!!!!

Decent proposal. 

However, I’m not a fan of helping out the Maple Leafs. 

They’d have to give a lot more than Nylander and Liljegren. And honestly, I’m not a fan of Liljegren. Is he even a high end defensive prospect? 

I’d rather have Schneider from the Rangers to be honest. 

I don’t think Toronto can give enough for Miller. Sorry.