The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Here's what JT Miller could land the Canucks, and Tyler Myers!

.... The whole point of trading Miller is so we can lose salary to keep Boeser. Bringing back 6.9million back means we cant keep Boeser any way. So why not just trade Boeser to begin with and keep Miller? 

And you think Toronto is going to trade you a ppg guy in Nylander plus for Miller who is also just ppg? That's not a very big upgrade to their Cup run because Nylander's pretty good and their most consistent forward the past 2 years. 

Not many teams will take on Myers for 6million. And if we did that our defense will need to be rebuild and it is going to a while. 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

.... The whole point of trading Miller is so we can lose salary to keep Boeser. Bringing back 6.9million back means we cant keep Boeser any way. So why not just trade Boeser to begin with and keep Miller? 

And you think Toronto is going to trade you a ppg guy in Nylander plus for Miller who is also just ppg? That's not a very big upgrade to their Cup run because Nylander's pretty good and their most consistent forward the past 2 years. 

Not many teams will take on Myers for 6million. And if we did that our defense will need to be rebuild and it is going to a while. 

Resigning Boeser should be easy because he is already being paid what he is worth.  They need cap flexibility to add not to maintain status quo.

People are throwing around numbers like 7.4 for Boeser. Horvat will need to get 7 then. Petey will be 9 on his new deal. At those number we won't have the ability to add depth players. None of our players are leading the league . If those are the numbers for good players then JR might as well blow this up and start again. 

Miller , Boeser , Garland , Meyers and if Petey will want 9 mil then might as well blow him out as well.

18 hours ago, jamaw1016 said:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are extremely interested in aquiring JT Miller for a number of reasons. 1. He's the exact type of player a team needs to push a good team over the top in winning a cup. Ask members of the Lightning; he was a massive engine and integral part of that run and cup win. 2. At 5.2 million for the rest of this season and next- what unbelievable value. 3. He adds to that leadership group. 4. He is and plays like a skilled power forward- he'll lead that team in hits for the rest of the season. 5. The Leafs save $2 million, and can use this to snag a depth defenseman like Chiarot.

So what should the Canucks expect in return?

William Nylander and Timothy Liljegren. The Canucks solidify Petey's wing with Nylander ($6.9 million) and Boeser plays on the right side to secure the Canucks top line. Liljegren takes a top 4 spot on the Canucks team, and is young enough to develop into hopefully Hughes's permanent partner.

The next trade is exactly what JR will be looking to do:

Tyler Myers to Columbus for Roslovic and a 2nd rounder. Roslovic is inexpensive, young, fast, and a playmaker first type player. He will be the perfect linemate of Hoglander and Podkolzin = The Canucks third line. The Blue Jackets do this because they get a top 4 RD, which they sadly lack. The Canucks shed Myers salary which frees up cap to cover the Nylander deal and allows room to resign Boeser.

Just my hopes for Team construction. 

Flame away!!!!!!

So to clarify.  The single hottest trade piece in the league this year nets us a timid scoring winger and a 4-5 defenseman and then our only viable RHD gets traded for essentially nothing that will help us?

I mean, I too like trading my work vehicle for a bicycle and a paddleboard but now I have to carry my tools to work