The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Jan. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Really nice game. Halak should have got the shutout - he’ll have nightmares of that one. Schenn’s a beauty. I wondered what the heck is Petey doing waving his hand around instead of chasing after the puck near the end - good too many men call by him. Nice tip by Boeser early on . I hope he heats up.

So I brought out the calculator and did multiple projections at how we might end up if we continue at the pace that Bruce has had us on.  Needless to say, especially after the win tonight, we're still on track to make the playoffs and to possibly win our playoff spot by more than just 1 point.  100+ points is also not out of the question if all goes well.

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Devron said:

The narrative that we are not a good defensive team is a farce. I’d like to see some more goals though. 

Great win 

I think our D are still slow and cant score or get points. Hughes is our only offensive D man. OEL has not been good offensively. Need to make the D more mobile and have someone else besides Hughes to put points up from the backend.

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Get rid of OEL from that 1st unit. Its not working and OEL shoots weaker than a 10 year old and still has 6 points in 43 games. Put in Horvat or Garland in OEL spot

He needs schooling from SHEA WEBER

Q..Uhhh, Shea, like how do I LTIR my a$$ for eternity, whilst simultaneously disappearing from a modern, tech society? Pls & thnx!

23 minutes ago, Devron said:

The narrative that we are not a good defensive team is a farce. I’d like to see some more goals though. 

Great win 

8th in the league,#1 5on5. The narrative our D is crap is crap lol.

People can say goaltending or coaching change but this has been all season only difference now is the pk and an even better numbers under Bruce but 5on5 were still top 10 under TG.

Throw in the fact this D has like 5 games fully healthy and numerous where we've been missing 2 or 3 guys every night.

If we make the playoffs we're gonna be a tough team to beat considering how games get called and Demko in net with forwards that have proven to elevate their games.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I think our D are still slow and cant score or get points. Hughes is our only offensive D man. OEL has not been good offensively. Need to make the D more mobile and have someone else besides Hughes to put points up from the backend.

We need more offensive from our back end. No question but as far as defence goes @Alienhuggyflow nailed it 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, cleowin said:

24-13-0 To make the playoffs

Canucks need to win tomorrow. When will Hamonic be back? next season? Benning got rid of Tanev because of the injury prone excuse and he hasnt missed a shift for flames and gets paid only 4 million yet he goes out and signs "part time" Hamonic. Hope he is available before TDL so JR can trade him.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Devron said:

We need more offensive from our back end. No question but as far as defence goes @Alienhuggyflow nailed it 

I think our goalies have been great. Martin, Demko and Halak. Canucks have always had great goalies to cover up any mistakes. I dont feel too comfortable with players like Hunt or Juulsen in our lineup. We really need more depth.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

8th in the league,#1 5on5. The narrative our D is crap is crap lol.

People can say goaltending or coaching change but this has been all season only difference now is the pk and an even better numbers under Bruce but 5on5 were still top 10 under TG.

Throw in the fact this D has like 5 games fully healthy and numerous where we've been missing 2 or 3 guys every night.

If we make the playoffs we're gonna be a tough team to beat considering how games get called and Demko in net with forwards that have proven to elevate their games.

Our defense has looked way better with bruce.  Just goes to show baumer was a total tool. 

We will look way better once Hamonic is back.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Canucks need to win tomorrow. When will Hamonic be back? next season? Benning got rid of Tanev because of the injury prone excuse and he hasnt missed a shift for flames and gets paid only 4 million yet he goes out and signs "part time" Hamonic. Hope he is available before TDL so JR can trade him.

My guess based on his behaviour around Covid is he may have healed up, but he’s riding out the Covid wave until he comes back.

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

No one's trading for a Hamonic. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1