The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Jan. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DefCon1 said:

I think our goalies have been great. Martin, Demko and Halak. Canucks have always had great goalies to cover up any mistakes. I dont feel too comfortable with players like Hunt or Juulsen in our lineup. We really need more depth.

I agree. We need better depth no doubt It’s our top 4 that have really thrived. As well our team play. Forwards helping our D Goaltending is a huge but it only goes so far. Gibson is a good example of this the last couple years or Marky when he was here. We weren’t really a good defensive team but had great goaltending 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Our defense has looked way better with bruce.  Just goes to show baumer was a total tool. 

We will look way better once Hamonic is back.

That is true, because we play more aggressively on offense, back check harder and also dont sit back in a box and let the oppoaition come to us. We dont let them setup in the defensive zone and have better gap control. Bummer directed everyone to skate backwards and backoff on attacking opposition. Basically a loser strategy.

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Imagine Tanev here instead of Hamonic. Salary almost the same too. I think we would be a lot more solid on the backend imo.

Honestly the only guy that we let go that I thought was a big screw up. Toffoli yeah that kinda sucked but I didn’t cry over it. Marky  well I knew that we were going for playoffs and would probably lose him anyway. Tanev stung 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No one's trading for a Hamonic. 

Yup.  The right side of our D will be Myers, Hamonic, and Poolman next season.  Can’t see how it could be any different, considering JR wants to add picks and prospects.  

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Imagine Tanev here instead of Hamonic. Salary almost the same too. I think we would be a lot more solid on the backend imo.

PK percentage would be at least 15% better, which should equate to at least 6-8 more points?

We'd be a top 3 team in the playoffs.

Letting Tanev walk was the worst roster decision of JB's tenure. Worse than signing Player Name.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Canucks need to win tomorrow. When will Hamonic be back? next season? Benning got rid of Tanev because of the injury prone excuse and he hasnt missed a shift for flames and gets paid only 4 million yet he goes out and signs "part time" Hamonic. Hope he is available before TDL so JR can trade him.

He didn't get rid of tanev, Tanev left as a UFA

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Honestly the only guy that we let go that I thought was a big screw up. Toffoli yeah that kinda sucked but I didn’t cry over it. Marky  well I knew that we were going for playoffs and would probably lose him anyway. Tanev stung 

Ditto losing Tanev Hurt us

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

The structure imparted by our new coaches really showed its flare here. Every single line

contributed to our team defense today that was an amazing away game.

Yep, seems like whatever influence Green had left is finally running out. 

It’s worth noting Bruce usually has real strong stretches right after the half way mark in a season of all teams he’s coached. When was the last time we’ve had a regulation loss? Think it might’ve been early January.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

Especially when u see how effective he has been for the flames.

One of the underrated players in the league.

• Vintage 1