The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Predators / Tuesday, Feb. 1/22 @ 5:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

20 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think Dickinson can do what Chiasson does but with more speed and defensive tenacity. 

Our expectations are obviously bigger for Dickinson due to his contract but he is still a better player than Chiasson. 

Agree 100%. My idea of them swapping was based on just mixing up a struggling guy for one that played pretty well last night 

24 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think Dickinson can do what Chiasson does but with more speed and defensive tenacity. 

Our expectations are obviously bigger for Dickinson due to his contract but he is still a better player than Chiasson. 

He's just the younger version lol. Maybe older brother Chiasson can help him with his shooting. He's a decent player if he could just pop in a couple more goals here and there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This will definitely help reduce some fatigue with less travel.

This is huge. We seem to play very strong towards the end of the season with all those home games we usually get at the end of the year. This year its 2x that. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's just the younger version lol. Maybe older brother Chiasson can help him with his shooting. He's a decent player if he could just pop in a couple more goals here and there.

Either Dickinson is snake bitten or he truly has hands of stone because he should Have about 10-15 more goals than he has based on some of his chances.

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Either Dickinson is snake bitten or he truly has hands of stone because he should Have about 10-15 more goals than he has based on some of his chances.

I feel like I could say the same thing for Pearson and Hoglander as well. Honestly, I felt like this team just had absolute terrible puck luck after 2020 playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, ruilin96 said:

I feel like I could say the same thing for Pearson and Hoglander as well. Honestly, I felt like this team just had absolute terrible puck luck after 2020 playoffs.

Yeah you definitely could, particularly Hoglander, Boeser and Pettersson. I sound like a broken record on here but this team prolifically misses the net on grade A scoring chances. I watch a lot of other games and one thing I noticed is when their top players get a scoring chance they almost always get the puck on net...is just seems like so many of ours are a foot wide of the net.

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I guess we'll see a lot of calls going our way tonight.

There’s no reason why this team shouldn’t have had a top 10 powerplay.

Imagine the difference that would make if they could get rolling.

Needless to say going 0 for tonight doesn’t help their chances.