The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Predators / Tuesday, Feb. 1/22 @ 5:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I feel like I could say the same thing for Pearson and Hoglander as well. Honestly, I felt like this team just had absolute terrible puck luck after 2020 playoffs.

You wouldn't be wrong and is one of the reasons I feel this team can beat the odds and make the playoffs.

All season good 5on5 defensively,  under Bruce even better and the pk is like what 20% higher?

Combine that with Demko and that's already a team that can do some serious damage in the low scoring grind of the playoffs, add in some serious clutch playoff players on offense and I really hope we get in.

We have far to many players having below average seasons, the fact we are even in the race because of solid defense 5on5 is something nobody predicted.

You gotta figure that the goals will start coming especially with 22 home games left and majority of the remaining games against teams that are teams that we should beat.

For once we get to see what a team with easy travel and lots of tired teams feels like with most games every 2nd night.

The ducks, king, sharks have harder schedules but the poor soilers lol. They have a rough 3 months but Febuary is brutal, 7 of 12 on the road, 4btb doing the southeast trip along with the Rags, wild, Vegas, ducks and kings with Chicago, Minnesota, the Canes and LA  as the 2nd teams in their b2b. All with the daunting Kosk-Skinner combo. There's a decent chance they plummet this month. With the ducks we need to win our 3 games in hand and then we only have to win 2 more games than them over the final 34. The kings if we win our game in hand we only need 3 more wins than them in 36 games and the Cali teams play quite a bit against each other.

Sorry for blabbering  my  pain meds seem to cause me to feel the need to put everyone to sleep lol. Cheers.

• Haha 2

Our PP needs some practice. We always mess up the cross ice pass and entrees are brutal to get setup. I wish we were just feeding Boeser and Pettersson for one timers with traffic and scrap the bumper for now. These guys need to shoot if we are looking to win. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Wow.   
How dark.   
A little dose of reality takes you straight there.  
That sucks dude.  

Here's the thing I don't get why do people feel the need to respond in a way that even tho it's true still comes off as purposely negative just to get the type of response you got and then it becomes a passing match?

Games in hand or not he's not wrong and until those 5 games are played they are moot.

You could have easily said something along the lines of " ya considering how we started that's hell of a turnaround,  hopefully the flames choke on their 5 games in hand.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Here's the thing I don't get why do people feel the need to respond in a way that even tho it's true still comes off as purposely negative just to get the type of response you got and then it becomes a passing match?

Games in hand or not he's not wrong and until those 5 games are played they are moot.

You could have easily said something along the lines of " ya considering how we started that's hell of a turnaround,  hopefully the flames choke on their 5 games in hand.

Sure. 
I’ll lick my lollipop and look at my sticker collection.  Then when I’m done writing my short story about unicorns, I’ll tell delusional people that we are a cup contender for sure.  

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Sure. 
I’ll lick my lollipop and look at my sticker collection.  Then when I’m done writing my short story about unicorns, I’ll tell delusional people that we are a cup contender for sure.  

Most of the fans on this site are still living in the delusion that Benning was the greatest GM ever. When you tell them that this club is a cup contender just mention his name a few times.

• Haha 1

REFEREES

Chris Lee #28
CL28.jpg
Dan O’Rourke #9
DO09.jpg
Games ’21-22 15 39
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 13 49 / 13
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1234 / 98 1286 / 152
First NHL Game 4/2/01 10/2/99
Birthplace St. John, NB Calgary, AB

LINESMEN