The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Slater Koekkoek

52 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He would be an upgrade over Brad Hunt, no?

I feel like almost every time a D man hits waivers I say this to myself, but likely goes unclaimed. Teams dont seem too eager to make waiver claims these days unless they are our players. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He would be an upgrade over Brad Hunt, no?

My buddy and I were watching the game last night and noticed Hunt on PP2 essentially floating around the Ovie, Stammer spot waiting on one-Ts. There was even a point when he was in front of MAF fighting for a puck and I was like, "does Hunt know he is not a power forward?" I am interested to see if BB uses him in the same manner tonight or if it was just him going rogue lol. From watching both I would rather have Hunt over SK. Crazy how highly he was touted coming into the draft and where he is now. 

I hope we pick him up,, had kind of a cult following in tampa because nobody could figure out why he didnt play more.  Granted hard line up to crack.  Played well enough for oilers to re sign him last year,,  new gm though.  Watched him a ton as tampa is my sons favorite team.  Worth the chance if we have the cap

Dude has had some solid stints - and Brad Hunt seems pretty brutal by the eye test. Wouldn't be against a pick up, but also wouldn't be against Rathbone getting that spot temporarily until Burroughs is back.

Could see Dallas picking him up, he played well and more GP under Rick Bowness.

Edited by Teemu Selänne

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Enough 'K's in Koekkoek for Dallas to take him:

Today in Dallas photo history - 1983: KKK marches in downtown Dallas

Police protection for KKK in Dallas 1983.

Way to find a pic from back in 83 so you can label everyone here KKK members. I am sure I can find plenty of examples of First Nation people being subject to racism to this very day. Oh wait, my good friend in Kamloops deals with it often and my other RCMP buddy in Surrey says the amount of hatred towards POC is worse than he expected as he is a dual citizen from California who married a Canadian. You would be surprised at how diverse the crowd can be at Stars games. The game has grown tremendously here and I am damn proud to be a part of it as someone who teaches underprivileged kids how to skate/play. I even get to coach alongside former Canuck and Loops boy Brad Lukowich.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Way to find a pic from back in 83 so you can label everyone here KKK members. I am sure I can find plenty of examples of First Nation people being subject to racism to this very day. Oh wait, my good friend in Kamloops deals with it often and my other RCMP buddy in Surrey says the amount of hatred towards POC is worse than he expected as he is a dual citizen from California who married a Canadian. You would be surprised at how diverse the crowd can be at Stars games. The game has grown tremendously here and I am damn proud to be a part of it as someone who teaches underprivileged kids how to skate/play. I even get to coach alongside former Canuck and Loops boy Brad Lukowich.   

Sorry that I offended you.

We do have lots of racism here; especially by the RCMP against our natives.

Our whole country is based on stolen land and aboriginal genocide by "Good Christians".

I am not unaware; but I have only recently started to get enlightened; I still have a long way to go.

Please accept my apologies.

• Like 1