The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Slater Koekkoek

50 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Sorry that I offended you.

We do have lots of racism here; especially by the RCMP against our natives.

Our whole country is based on stolen land and aboriginal genocide by "Good Christians".

I am not unaware; but I have only recently started to get enlightened; I still have a long way to go.

Please accept my apologies.

We all have a lot to learn. I do agree that our entire country is based on stolen land from Indigenous peoples. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Sorry that I offended you.

We do have lots of racism here; especially by the RCMP against our natives.

Our whole country is based on stolen land and aboriginal genocide by "Good Christians".

I am not unaware; but I have only recently started to get enlightened; I still have a long way to go.

Please accept my apologies.

I am all for a good joke when the timing and situation present themselves, but sometimes even I have to take a step back and ask "why is there still so much racial and cultural divide in this world?" I am not easily offended, but the direction our society is going worries me and posts like that do not help. Thank you sincerely for apologizing as that is not what I was going for, but more so just stating that while we have a looooooooong way to go, we are progressing as a society in awareness and understanding.  It means the world to me to coach young kids learning the game from all walks of life next to people like my bro JJ who look nothing like me, but love the game and others just the same. Thanks again and I hope you are well in these crazy times. 

147395082_457498408948064_2496582480398736551_o.jpg

Koekkoek was also stylistically the kinda guy that might have fit Travis Green's definition of a 3LHD? I think BB wants more puck movers. If Green was here I could see him having been a pickup

Big, can skate although not like lightning, has a nice shot.  Never had or developed Edler's savvy though. Nor the battle level of Willie Mitchell. 

So he cleared...