The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

East Conference playoff is already set

Rate this topic

tan

Yeah short of any major injuries or falling off, it'd be tough (I heard some say that the Islanders could go for a run since they had a bunch of games postponed, but looks like those games might be meaningless at best now).  It'd be even more boring if Detroit's kids (Seider and Raymond esp.) weren't any good and they haven't been overachieving.  Besides that Philly and Buffalo have been tire fires and Columbus is meh at best.  Those are some good teams in the top 8 though so the playoffs should be good.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, tan said:

I can see next year East C playoff teams probably the same as this years 

I don't see the bottom 8 teams can crack it..

image.thumb.png.15958e2b9792f4a3653cf8ce25cbc038.png

There's always going to be change from year to year.

I could see Boston falling out. Washington and Pittsburgh are bound to fall eventually too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus or New Jersey make it in.

• Cheers 1

On 3/30/2022 at 12:52 PM, Master Mind said:

There's always going to be change from year to year.

I could see Boston falling out. Washington and Pittsburgh are bound to fall eventually too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus or New Jersey make it in.

Yeah pretty much this Boston may try loading up for one more run with this core if Bergeron and Marchand stay, unlikely to remain a playoff team beyond next year if either Marchand or Bergeron retire. 

Islanders

Jersey

probably best bet to get in not sure if Columbus will be deep enough again but they are still a long shot imo. 

• Cheers 1

On 2/1/2022 at 11:51 PM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The Islanders stand out as one of the bigger disappointments of this season. Two years straight of making the Eastern conference finals, and now they are under 500. I thought they were the best kept secret in the NHL prior to the start of the season... :lol:

Remember when Trotz could of no wrong?   Bruce at least had the foresight to know if he couldn't get a "bump" - the  "Bruce there he goes" would soon follow.     Trotz i suppose is run out of gas too.