The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So he’s symptomatic then?

I would assume that since they’re not supposed to be testing asymptomatic players now.

My thoughts exactly 

Unless he got caught on a random cross border PCR? 

Luckily we our schedule doesn't look too crazt this week minus the leafs. Hopefully we can beat Arizona and NYI. 

Edited by CanucksJay

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

QH being out might be the push Rutherford needed to get active for the TDL.. will be interesting to see who can step up on D in his absence. we need Burroughs back too !

I still suspect we can beat the coyotes and islanders. Win those 2 and it’s just the leafs on Saturday which is winnable as well. It’s in their blood to lose the what should easy ones 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I still suspect we can beat the coyotes and islanders. Win those 2 and it’s just the leafs on Saturday which is winnable as well. It’s in their blood to lose the what should easy ones 

We haven't done that under BB yet. 

It really kills me looking back at all the "winnable games" we lost pre BB. 

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

We haven't done that under BB yet. 

It really kills me looking back at all the "winnable games" we lost pre BB. 

I just think back to that Buffalo game. I was absolutely livid. That’s where the wheels fell off and that was only game 5 or something. I feel good about these 2 games Tues and Wed

35 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

My thoughts exactly 

Unless he got caught on a random cross border PCR? 

Luckily we our schedule doesn't look too crazt this week minus the leafs. Hopefully we can beat Arizona and NYI. 

Hughes is everything to our offense though. We don’t have any competent D men that can drive play from the back end like him.

My guess is we’ll struggle to score in his absence. All it takes is a couple good games from the Yotes and Isles goalies and we could easily drop both.

But who knows maybe our powerplay will actually improve if we mix things up without Quinn on the back end. At least it will give us a new look.

Maybe we get a look at Rathbone now?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hughes is everything to our offense though. We don’t have any competent D men that can drive play from the back end like him.

My guess is we’ll struggle to score in his absence. All it takes is a couple good games from the Yotes and Isles goalies and we could easily drop both.

But who knows maybe our powerplay will actually improve if we mix things up without Quinn on the back end. At least it will give us a new look.

So true 

If we lose against Yotes, its because we scored 1 goal or less. 

How is Rathbone doing? I really liked him preseason. 

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Now is the time to play him. LD. He had a pretty solid couple of games for Abby last week. 

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Now is the time to play him. LD. He had a pretty solid couple of games for Abby last week. 

Agreed.

If there’s ever a game to play him it’s against one of the worst teams in the league.

If they trot Hunt out there to replace Hughes minutes I swear…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Sounded hoarse here

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So he’s symptomatic then?

I would assume that since they’re not supposed to be testing asymptomatic players now.

Lots of conflicting information at the moment. Kuzma and others an hour ago thought Quinn was at the ASG including the President JR.