The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Yea. I want him to stay.  I just dont understand why he didnt train all summer

I don’t think he got a full summer in with his wrist. He’s also still very much still understanding the mental aspect of the game 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They can’t play .500 hockey and they are. If they end up doing this the rest of the year they miss the playoffs. It’s not realistic. People have to give up on that pipe dream.

They’re 12-5-4 since Boudreau took over.

Thats not .500 hockey.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

We're 5th last in goals per game. In the same company of a lot of the bottom teams in the league.

And before this game we were 5th in GAA. Quite the opposite of what i figured at the beginning of the year 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We're 5th last in goals per game. In the same company of a lot of the bottom teams in the league.

Which is why I think we can make trades at the deadline and still be in the hunt.

This team just doesn’t have the right mix up front right now.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t want to hear they are tired. They have had a ton of breaks in between and all the media is mentioning is that they are tired. There are a ton of teams who can win back to backs. We are just not one of them. Have we won a back to back this year?

And also, some players can still play fast, eg Highmore, Hughes, so why not others? Bo is not looking like a captain to me, just mediocre, which is not a leadership characteristic. Petey needs to get stronger, he looks like a boy among men. Would like to see Pod throwing more hits. Basically it is embarrassing to be cheering on such a soft team. If we are going to lose a lot of games for awhile,let’s go down fighting, but we only have two scrappers and they are not going to scare anyone.

Never thought I’d say this but lately I just haven’t been impressed with Miller, especially the way he’s handled himself. Poor body language, Kostitsyn level of coasting, constantly making these detrimental mistakes that end up behind our net. His effort is quite selective.

Slowly coming around trading the guy and maximizing his full potential. 

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Go crazy Uncle Jim.

Ya keep laughing but just remember Hughes couldn’t play defence either, wasn’t that the narrative last year? Young players are young players. Take a look at history. Pretty common stuff 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Ya keep laughing but just remember Hughes couldn’t play defence either, wasn’t that the narrative last year? Young players are young players. Take a look at history. Pretty common stuff 

What?

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are in good company when it comes to GAA, just bad company when it comes to goals for.

For sure but would have you predicted that we would be one of the best defensive teams in the league and one of the worst offensive teams? I wonder if we have too many good options up front? Kinda like the Rangers back in the day when they would buy players. Every forward outside Miller is having one of their worst seasons. Doesn’t add up.  A shake up up front wouldn’t be the worst thing, it’s curious who it might be.

• Cheers 1