The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

What?

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Ya keep laughing but just remember Hughes couldn’t play defence either, wasn’t that the narrative last year? Young players are young players. Take a look at history. Pretty common stuff 

19 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t think he got a full summer in with his wrist. He’s also still very much still understanding the mental aspect of the game 

• Haha 1

I mean I know it’s hindsight but I don’t think sitting Hoglander was the right call.

Just because Chiasson scored last night doesn’t mean he should be in the lineup with a full healthy forward group.

Hoglander would have brought alot of much needed hustle tonight at the very least.

• Vintage 1

Just now, hammertime said:

You would think he would have more concern about falling down on this injured wrist by working his legs. 

Maybe but he’s kinda always been that way. More push back like the reverse hits is more what I’d like to see. But it’s all mental, the bobbles, the indecision’s. You can see it. Early on I think he was more just expecting things to happen instead of working for it. It’s a mental game and Petey is figuring that out now

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean I know it’s hindsight but I don’t think sitting Hoglander was the right call.

Just because Chiasson scored last night doesn’t mean he should be in the lineup with a full healthy forward group.

Hoglander would have brought alot of much needed hustle tonight at the very least.

I agree. He works for it. I think Bruce had it planned for both him and Podz though 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’re 12-5-4 since Boudreau took over.

Thats not .500 hockey.

Lol. They been .500 since the 8-0-1 run. Let’s not kid ourselves. 4-5-3. One game below actually. There are so many stats that show it is not a good enough team. Pp, pk, even strength scoring. Dman scoring. All

bottom of the league. If that isn’t enough proof then I don’t know what is.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

I know reffing tends to get overemphasized, but the refs missed out on at least three (by my count) Canuck penalties in the game. Yes, the third one was less than a minute away, and would've meant nothing. But if an obvious Boeser trip was going to be called, the haul down of Pettersson should've been too.

To clarify, reffing wasn't the reason we lost, but it certainly didn't help either.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Goaltending is a big reason why the GAA is low. We've also played good team D. Forwards have been helping out the D a lot. The bottom 6 is having a good year defensively and with possession.

IMO we could use better defenseman overall. We're not getting a lot of scoring out of there(I think we might be worse in the league with points out of defenseman if not one of the worst) and BB stated he would like to see more and has implied that's an area we could improve. We've had to rely on OEL a lot defensively which limits his offensive capability, If we add 1 or two credible defensive D to take away responsibility from OEL and add another solid PMD we could see some more scoring out of the defense and a lot more rush offense. 

I am not really expecting the bottom 6 to produce a high amount of secondary scoring. They're grindy defensive types and have been doing their job in that regard. With not a lot of secondary scoring it puts a lot of pressure on the top 6 to produce and when they don't it usually results in a poor outcome.

Overall there are holes on the team that Rutherford has implicated. The cap situation sure isn't helping us. D-core needs a succession plan since Myers, Schenn, etc aren't getting older. Not a lot of prospects in the pipelines and most of the graduates have been forwards.

They've got some major decisions to make soon. Canucks are definitely at a crossroads to say the least. Should at least make for an interesting month regardless of anyone's stances.

Also the second highest paid defense in the nhl. (Thank You Benning!)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Lol. They been .500 since the 8-0-1 run. Let’s not kid ourselves. 4-5-3. One game below actually. There are so many stats that show it is not a good enough team. Pp, pk, even strength scoring. Dman scoring. Alll

bottom of the league. If that isn’t enough prof then I don’t know what is.

You should change your name to CanuckComplainerforlife82.  I don't think I've seen a positive post from you.

3 games in 4 nights.  4 games in 6 different cities.  Nashville was rested and hadn't played since last week.  Demko was a little off today unfortunately.  Didn't like the 1st and 4th goals.  I still don't like Pettersson with Horvat either.  But tonight I'll give them a pass.  Hard to win on a B2B.  You need to have the lead and not be chasing to really have any chance.  That 1st goal Demko for some reason went cheating to his right.  I didn't even see another Pred player on that side.  A little weird.  Refs were not very good tonight either.  JT Penalty was soft.  Didn't call a few for the Canucks ie Interference on Dickinson, hold on Petey.

• Vintage 2