The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do the Canucks make any significant trades this month?

Rate this topic

Roberts

Trade Predictions  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New month, what do you think? With the week break starting now I'm sure the management will be beginning talks about what the team needs. Do you think this month we will see any trades? Who do you consider safe on this roster? It sounds like Hughes and Demko are the only absolute safe players on the roster. 

Edited by Roberts

If the new management team finds a good deal I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they made trades, Rutherford isn't known as someone who holds back when there's good hockey trades to be made.  For instance, besides probably Miller they might also sell high on Motte and Halak, perhaps even trade Schenn (if they could rehab Poolman or someone else to be Hughes' partner).

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I want something like Boeser for Fiala,

get ride of Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman, Hunt, Halak

i like to reach CLB for Domi as 3rd C and find a Top 4 dman.

we re not far away. Don t blow it up. 

Pearson and Halak need to waive - so not going to happen.   Dickinson we are probably going to send down on waivers if he doesn't start scoring - nobody is picking that contract up.    Poolman ... maybe.   Hamonic too just to a team that wants the LTIR action for the playoffs and a solid guy if he's healthy. 

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I feel JR and Allvin will nibble around the edges of the roster making some smaller deals like Motte and some other pieces. But I expect more of the bigger moves like Miller, and other bigger ticket names to be done in the summer. 

Motte is a mistake.   Miller yes pull the trigger is the deal is that good.    Motte we should re-sign.   He's not worth a second rounder.   Brock ... he's a tough one ... both to replace and to trade. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

8 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

If the new management team finds a good deal I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they made trades, Rutherford isn't known as someone who holds back when there's good hockey trades to be made.  For instance, besides probably Miller they might also sell high on Motte and Halak, perhaps even trade Schenn (if they could rehab Poolman or someone else to be Hughes' partner).

Trading Schenn would suck but i suppose if a team is willing to part with a first rounder then pull the trigger.   Hughes could be like Crosby and Mario, just make everyone look better.   I like Schenn and want to re-sign him.   Like Methot was for EK kind of.   Like that he will drop the gloves if anyone touches QHs  or EP unlike 95% of our roster. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

getting schneider + for miller would help recreate the defense. a new jersey solid defenseman could fix the blue line.  miller, boeser, pearson and myers would give us plenty of cap space. mercer and shakhamadulin for garland could work. we won't fix the team by trading our less then stellar players. how much is too much?

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, IBatch said:

Trading Schenn would suck but i suppose if a team is willing to part with a first rounder then pull the trigger.   Hughes could be like Crosby and Mario, just make everyone look better.   I like Schenn and want to re-sign him.   Like Methot was for EK kind of.   Like that he will drop the gloves if anyone touches QHs  or EP unlike 95% of our roster. 

Yeah I hesitated to include him since he's definitely a deterrent (12 hits and will fight, all for $850k for another season).  

18 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I want something like Boeser for Fiala,

get ride of Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman, Hunt, Halak

i like to reach CLB for Domi as 3rd C and find a Top 4 dman.

we re not far away. Don t blow it up. 

I don't think it will be a full blown dismantling of the team but close.   I think you are "bang-on" with those six for sure, but expect two or three other more prominent players to be traded.  Obviously Miller, Pods and Hogs and Motte are very likely to go due to their trade value, as JR knows HE MUST clear about $15M in cap space A.S.A.P.  to allow him room to move.  So expect some surprises. 

I certainly would not be surprised to see Bo traded as well, if JR is really intent on clearing the slate and creating a new identity and leadership on the team and even EP40 who's turned into another "One season (flash-in-the-pan) wonder" could go too.  As well, nearly all our D's are up for consideration and likely considered for trade.  Only QH & Demko are "Untouchable" IMO. 

The housecleaning of JB's mess will begin shortly - Hold On! 

Been waiting for almost a decade for this.  Woo-Hoo!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

7 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

We arent getting schneider for boeser.  Ppl on here r living in a fantasy world

Maybe Schneider isn't even that good.   Brock is definitely a proven NHLer...50ish points could be his low point/bar this season...not what you want for 7.25 - but definitely ok at 6.35...

Miller is who they are interested in anyways although i'm sure teams would consider Brock as well.     It's all fantasy until a trade is made .... often they start off looking fair ... and  sometimes even at the outset they look lopsided one way, and in the end turn out to be lopsided the other way.    Naslund for Stajonov was a bit of a meh deal at the time ...