The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Winter Olympics Beijing

Jaimito

14 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

ROC will play winner of Finland/Swiss.

Federov and Gonchar are the ROC coaches.

If Canada beats Sweden, they will play Slovakia in the semifinal. 

I would say that’s about as favourable a route to the finals as they could have hoped for.

Canada/Russia gold medal game is a real possibility.

Edited by DeNiro

45 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

The Armstrong ruling strongly states Humphries didn't get a fair crack at the harassment claims.  It basically re-opens the investigation all over again.

At the end of the day, this should look bad on Canada.  When a multiple gold medalist defects to another country and ends up grabbing another gold medal, it's on us to figure out what went wrong.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The Armstrong ruling strongly states Humphries didn't get a fair crack at the harassment claims.  It basically re-opens the investigation all over again.

At the end of the day, this should look bad on Canada.  When a multiple gold medalist defects to another country and ends up grabbing another gold medal, it's on us to figure out what went wrong.

idk.  She seems rather high maintenance to me.  Some of the issues that were put forth seemed trivial.  (Snow suit?).  Even if the coach was somewhat of an A^& that doesn't necessarily mean he should be canned.  Kind of telling that no one from the rest of the team had the same issues.

36 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I didn't watch one minute of the men's games, I figured it would go this way. 

Love watching the women's games tho, that team is fun to watch. 

Canada looked like the Canucks defending under Travis Green.  It was typical Baumgartner defence.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

The no look drop-pass inside your own blueline. Jesus. I watched like 5 minutes. I get that men are faster than women, but I'd way rather watch women's Canada-US rivalry over that slop. 

That’s the Baumgartner special.

It’s such a dumb play no one will expect it right?

One of the reasons I like Winter Olympics is because lot of smaller nations like Norway dominate over largest countries.

Summer Olympics on the other hand are dominated by the Americans, Russians, Chinese etc. usually.

On that note, glad to see Sweden and Slovakia knock out the two hockey giants.