The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Winter Olympics Beijing

Jaimito

20 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Already 2-0 Canada.  A good night (except the mixed doubles curling...Italy? Seriously? Felt bad for John...he didn't get a lot of help on that last rock)

I’m still shaking my head that they gave up two on that 8th end.

That thing should have been over if she could have made a routine take out.

Definitely could see some frustration from Morris throughout this thing. It seemed like he was carrying Homan a lot.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Playing in masks LMAO.  I know some antimaskers that can't buy groceries with one on.  Too hard to breathe.  

:picard:

That’s a little ridiculous to be playing in masks. 

Exerting yourself like that while breathing in carbon dioxide is not good for you. I’m actually surprised any of them agreed to this to be honest.

You have NHL players who won’t even be testing asymptomatic players, and then this. Regulations don’t seem to be lining up right now.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

:picard:

That’s a little ridiculous to be playing in masks. 

Exerting yourself like that while breathing in carbon dioxide is not good for you. I’m actually surprised any of them agreed to this to be honest.

You have NHL players who won’t even be testing asymptomatic players, and then this. Regulations don’t seem to be lining up right now.

Those masks won't block CO2. It's too small of a molecule. 

It may increase work of breathing, which is needed to expel CO2. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

Those masks won't block CO2. It's too small of a molecule. 

It may increase work of breathing, which is needed to expel CO2. 

Have you worn an N95?

It absolutely traps your breath in and makes it very hard to breath. Doesn’t have to block it.

My guess is these players are going to look much more tired than normal by the end of this game. They’re not getting proper oxygen intake to be playing a high intensity sport like hockey.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m still shaking my head that they gave up two on that 8th end.

That thing should have been over if she could have made a routine take out.

Definitely could see some frustration from Morris throughout this thing. It seemed like he was carrying Homan a lot.

At the end he had to sort of put his foot down with a few "no Rachel, I like this" as she was all over the map with "what ifs". She seemed to lose confidence in that last match...really was doubting the shots and on that last rock/sweep John was needing some input from her...he was so frustrated. She's my favourite but she wasn't decisive as she needed to be and I was glad when John took charge. She was overthinking things too much.

Too bad, I had high hopes for them. I really liked watching he and Kaitlyn Lawes but they had a whole different dynamic and worked well together.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Have you worn an N95?

It absolutely traps your breath in and makes it very hard to breath. Doesn’t have to block it.

My guess is these players are going to look much more tired than normal by the end of this game. They’re not getting proper oxygen intake to be playing a high intensity sport like hockey.

I wear N95 everyday even when going to pick up food at a restaurant. At hospital when I work, I wear them for hours (sometimes 6 hrs straight), or when I have to do a procedure on a patient.  No ones is saying it's causing hypoxemia or hyercapnea, because it doesn't. It's only an issue if you can't ventilate (obese, copd etc). They are other more expensive PPE you can use that are better and more comfortable, but those are usually for ICU.  

The masks the hockey players are now wearing now are not true respirators, since they have ear loops.  It doesn't have bands that go behind the head so the seal isn't tight enough.  I don't use those at the hospital. They do work against droplets, but they are not true N95 despite what it says.  You also need to do fit testing for N95 to be sure you are wearing it correctly and have the right size. 

These elite athletes wont have trouble with them. 4-1 already.   My father in law who is old, obese and a smoker will not tolerate it as well. 

Edited by Jaimito