The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Winter Olympics Beijing

Jaimito

8 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Spotted this on Reddit this morning. Apparently the Chinese skater grabbed an threw a cone under another skater causing a crash but it was the Canadians that were disqualified. The video was also taken down apparently. Did anyone else seen the clip? 

I was watching these races.   It was one of the 500m quarterfinal races.  Three Canadians just happened to be drawn into the five person race.  

From what I've seen, short track speed skating is kind of like roller derby on ice.  There seems to be a lot of falls and video reviews and disqualifications.  But if this one is as bad as it looks, it was a pretty unsavory move by the Chinese skater.  

The Canadian who was tripped (#50) was actually advanced to the semis despite not finishing in the top two.  So two Canadians did advance to the semis.  And the Chinese skater didn't make it to the semis.  So at least that worked out okay. 

And Kim Bouton, #35 in the clip, eventually went on to win Bronze in the event!         :gocan: 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

From what I've seen, short track speed skating is kind of like roller derby on ice.  There seems to be a lot of falls and video reviews and disqualifications.  

Google 

" Pulling a Bradbury" 

Urban Dictionary 

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’m still shaking my head that they gave up two on that 8th end.

That thing should have been over if she could have made a routine take out.

Definitely could see some frustration from Morris throughout this thing. It seemed like he was carrying Homan a lot.

20 hours ago, -DLC- said:

At the end he had to sort of put his foot down with a few "no Rachel, I like this" as she was all over the map with "what ifs". She seemed to lose confidence in that last match...really was doubting the shots and on that last rock/sweep John was needing some input from her...he was so frustrated. She's my favourite but she wasn't decisive as she needed to be and I was glad when John took charge. She was overthinking things too much.

Too bad, I had high hopes for them. I really liked watching he and Kaitlyn Lawes but they had a whole different dynamic and worked well together.

It's baffling actually....Homan is one of the best players in the world, but for some reason, she falls apart at the Olympics....:unsure:

• Cheers 1