The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Winter Olympics Beijing

Jaimito

Boy there's a name I haven't heard in a long time 

Bobby Sanguinetti.

Wasn't there a poster on here that said the Canucks were going to regret not giving him a decent shot? 

Or is this Sportsnet pulling my leg? Because he's not on the official team roster, but he's on Sportsnet listed roster. LOL.

I thought it was odd because he hasn't played in 2 years. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He didn't look that great last game vs Germany despite Canada winning easily.  

No good college goalies who haven’t signed a contract yet?

Any ex NHLer ls playing in the KHL?

I thought we had a bit better talent pool than that.

• Cheers 1

Group A is Canada, US, Germany and China.

Canada won vs Germany and will vs China. So this game detemines the group leader.  Top team of each group qualifies for quarterfinals, as well as highest 4th ranked team. Three groups, A, B, C. 

From https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/beijing-winter-olympics/heres-a-guide-to-mens-ice-hockey-at-the-2022-winter-olympics/3543326/?amp

There are no ties during group play, with even games going to overtime and then a shootout if it remains tied. A regulation win is worth three points, an overtime or shootout win is worth two, an overtime or shootout loss is worth one and a regulation loss earns zero.

The top teams in each group automatically qualify for the quarterfinals, as does the next best-ranked team that did not win its group. The remaining four quarterfinal spots will be determined in the qualification round, where the other eight teams battle to advance.

Edited by Jaimito