The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller and Boeser out...

HKSR

As a few of you know, I'm not really ready to give up on our core, but what fun is it if I can't join in on playing armchair GM :P

To BOS:

Miller

Poolman

To VAN:

Carlo

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

Debrusk wants out anyways, so buy low here.  Boston gets Poolman to help fill the void by Carlo leaving.

Vancouver gets Carlo, the big 6'5" partner for Hughes.  He's also only 25 years old locked into a long term $4.1M AAV deal.  Lysell is a very good prospect, and we also get a late 1st rounder.

To NJD:

Boeser

Rathbone

To VAN:

Zacha

Smith

NJD were on the hunt for a winger in Garland,but Vancouver counters with Boeser.  Zacha brings size and a bit of a mean streak to his game with less offensive upside, whereas Boeser gives the Devils an offensive sniper to play with Hughes.  I'd say Boeser has a bit more value than Zacha, and at this moment, Smith has a bit more value than Rathbone.  So a good ol hockey trade here of similar value.

Next year's lines:

Zacha-Petey-Podkolzin

Debrusk-Bo-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Hoglander

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

Hughes-Carlo

OEL-Myers

Smith-Hamonic

Demko

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Re-signings

Horvat at $6.75M AAV long term

Petey at $9.5M AAV after this contract is done

Debrusk and Zacha both RFAs, so re-signed on 'show me' type deals

Motte at $2M AAV

Hogs and Podz both at $3M AAV until they prove otherwise

Highmore and Lamikko at $1M AAV each

MillerBoeserOut.jpg.0e6845411a255b908b6b7172533b34ef.jpg

Lots of cap room to work with.  Goal would be to trade Dickinson away.  That gives $7M+ of cap to work with to add more to this roster.

points for doing all the cap work here. 

my only issue would be how willing Boston would be to move Carlo. I could see them not sending a 1st if he's really on the table. 

Edited by JM_

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

points for doing all the cap work here. 

my only issue would be how willing Boston would be to move Carlo. I could see them not sending a 1st if he's really on the table. 

Maybe... it's a late 1st though... so might not bother them as much.  Worst case, I'd be happy with a 2nd instead.  Lysell isn't Schneider level in terms of a prospect though, and Debrusk may actually pull the value down overall.

Just now, HKSR said:

Maybe... it's a late 1st though... so might not bother them as much.  Worst case, I'd be happy with a 2nd instead.  Lysell isn't Schneider level in terms of a prospect though, and Debrusk may actually pull the value down overall.

Carlo and Lysell as a return does fit some needs tho. At the end of the day I think I could be happy with that if Lysell could crack the top 6 within two years. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

Carlo and Lysell as a return does fit some needs tho. At the end of the day I think I could be happy with that if Lysell could crack the top 6 within two years. 

There's some risk with Lysell, that's why I think a pick should be included. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

There's some risk with Lysell, that's why I think a pick should be included. 

oh for sure. But having Carlo being 25, locked in at a great deal for 5 more seasons is worth a ton. Thats why I don't see the 1st happening, that cap certainly is gold. 

• Cheers 1

This is an excellent proposal. And those trades I’d do in a heartbeat.

Id try and also pry Trent Frederic so we have a centre coming back our way able to be integrated. Motte might be too costly to re sign and so it would fix that issue.

Miller + Poolman is an interesting return for Boston as a playoff contender.

Giving up Carlo hurts their team a ton today, but Poolman being a 6'4 RHD might soften the blow.

Miller obviously takes their forward group to a whole 'nother level. 
We probably need to add a pick or something, though.

I personally love the deal from our side, which why I'm hesitant to believe Boston would...

Lysell is not a sure thing, but he is an exciting prospect with good speed and offensive flair. Swedish connection, could be a fit with Petey one day?

Carlo is the dream partner for Huggy Bear -  this is where we probably get declined.

Debrusk = whatever. Good size, could be a decent bottom-6 guy.

Late 1st, yep. Keep stock piling.

The New Jersey trade is also relatively fair.

Zacha could be inject some size into our lineup, and Smith is a skilled young Dman. 

Tough to move away from JT, Brock, and Boner (Poolman meh), but I like our team a lot better after these trades.

Good job on the proposals!

8 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Remove the D-men, add a 2nd on Boston's side.

Bruins say no if Carlo is involved here.

Bruins say no to Carlo, we say no for Miller.

Gotta give to get.

Lysell is barely a PPG WHLer, that's not overly impressive.

Debrusk has as much value to Boston as Virtanen did to Vancouver.

A late 1st and a late 2nd from Boston is like a 2nd and a 3rd.

So you think the Canucks would unload Miller for:

Lysell

Debrusk

Basically 2nd round pick

Basically 3rd round pick

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Bruins say no to Carlo, we say no for Miller.

Gotta give to get.

Lysell is barely a PPG WHLer, that's not overly impressive.

Debrusk has as much value to Boston as Virtanen did to Vancouver.

A late 1st and a late 2nd from Boston is like a 2nd and a 3rd.

So you think the Canucks would unload Miller for:

Lysell

Debrusk

Basically 2nd round pick

Basically 3rd round pick

I think that's probably the best Boston would offer.

I think we could get better for Miller from elsewhere.

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

I think that's probably the best Boston would offer.

I think we could get better for Miller from elsewhere.

I know everyone is clamouring for NYR's prospects, but I have my doubts that they'd want to unload any of the big 3 ... Laf, Kakko, Schneider. 

I could see them willing to let go of Kravtsov and Lundqvist, but those are both Lysell level prospects IMO. 

Carlo is a proven NHL top 4.  That's a much better return than say:

Kravtsov

Lundqvist

1st (again, pretty much a 2nd)

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I know everyone is clamouring for NYR's prospects, but I have my doubts that they'd want to unload any of the big 3 ... Laf, Kakko, Schneider. 

I could see them willing to let go of Kravtsov and Lundqvist, but those are both Lysell level prospects IMO. 

Carlo is a proven NHL top 4.  That's a much better return than say:

Kravtsov

Lundqvist

1st (again, pretty much a 2nd)

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying but for the Bruins to trade for Miller, that would be a win now move.

Them trading away Carlo defeats the purpose, now they're weaker defensively which isn't something conducive to "win now". It's not like they have an impressive D group to begin with.

Teams like NYR, COL, etc. (assuming the cap can work out) are better fits as they can add Miller while only giving away futures instead of someone important off their roster.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying but for the Bruins to trade for Miller, that would be a win now move.

Them trading away Carlo defeats the purpose, now they're weaker defensively which isn't something conducive to "win now". It's not like they have an impressive D group to begin with.

Teams like NYR, COL, etc. (assuming the cap can work out) are better fits as they can add Miller while only giving away futures instead of someone important off their roster.

Maybe... but the B's are DESPERATE for a 2nd line centre... and we give them Poolman which could help alleviate some of the defensive woes lost from Carlo.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

As a few of you know, I'm not really ready to give up on our core, but what fun is it if I can't join in on playing armchair GM :P

To BOS:

Miller

Poolman

To VAN:

Carlo

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

Debrusk wants out anyways, so buy low here.  Boston gets Poolman to help fill the void by Carlo leaving.

Vancouver gets Carlo, the big 6'5" partner for Hughes.  He's also only 25 years old locked into a long term $4.1M AAV deal.  Lysell is a very good prospect, and we also get a late 1st rounder.

To NJD:

Boeser

Rathbone

To VAN:

Zacha

Smith

NJD were on the hunt for a winger in Garland,but Vancouver counters with Boeser.  Zacha brings size and a bit of a mean streak to his game with less offensive upside, whereas Boeser gives the Devils an offensive sniper to play with Hughes.  I'd say Boeser has a bit more value than Zacha, and at this moment, Smith has a bit more value than Rathbone.  So a good ol hockey trade here of similar value.

Next year's lines:

Zacha-Petey-Podkolzin

Debrusk-Bo-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Hoglander

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

Hughes-Carlo

OEL-Myers

Smith-Hamonic

Demko

I'm not sure Boston wants to give up Lysell

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Re-signings

Horvat at $6.75M AAV long term

Petey at $9.5M AAV after this contract is done

Debrusk and Zacha both RFAs, so re-signed on 'show me' type deals

Motte at $2M AAV

Hogs and Podz both at $3M AAV until they prove otherwise

Highmore and Lamikko at $1M AAV each

MillerBoeserOut.jpg.0e6845411a255b908b6b7172533b34ef.jpg

Lots of cap room to work with.  Goal would be to trade Dickinson away.  That gives $7M+ of cap to work with to add more to this roster.

Petey @ 9.5 mil...based on his play Bwahahahaha....would need a big turnaround

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

Petey @ 9.5 mil...based on his play Bwahahahaha....would need a big turnaround

Yeah, I'm being optimistic and positive... I think he might be a PPG player in the long run, which means he probably won't get $9.5M.