The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (06-12) 2022

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Marky played last night vs the Knights too.

Exactly my point.

Marky is 5 years older and can handle the workload.

Plus the Flames aren’t nearly as desperate as us.

I hope this makes Boudreau and Clark rethink their back to back strategy next time.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly my point.

Marky is 5 years older and can handle the workload.

Plus the Flames aren’t nearly as desperate as us.

I hope this makes Boudreau and Clark rethink their back to back strategy next time.

March/April schedule gets pretty hectic. 6 more back to backs remaining. Probably take it a day at a time with Demko, see how he's feeling.

The rest of February and early March is pretty relaxed. He can probably play every game up until the big 7 game homestand in March where we play every other night with a back to back to end the homestand. We follow that homestand with another back to back to begin a road trip.

• Cheers 1

Actually,

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Tanev back to back solid defensive plays on Matthews then Marner. Man I wish we retained him. He doesn't look good in red.

Darryl Sutter and the Flames fans think he looks really good in red. :rolleyes:

• Sad 2

Whoever faces Calgary in the first round (hopefully us!) is gonna have it tough.

Not many weaknesses to that team.

Only thing that could be their downfall is overplaying players like Markstrom and Tanev who have a history of getting injured down the stretch.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Whoever faces Calgary in the first round (hopefully us!) is gonna have it tough.

Only thing that could be their downfall is overplaying players like Markstrom and Tanev who have a history of getting injured down the stretch.

Good PP and one of the top PKs. The biggest concern going into this year was their scoring but their stars have been stars and they've been getting solid secondary scoring, especially from their D. Marky has been great. Tough team too.

10th in GF per game and 2nd in lowest GAA per game.

They could compete with the Knights for best in the pacific but we have to see how the Knights are with a full lineup.

Wild finish with the Avs/Lightning game. Lightning pulled the G with 3 minutes left. Avs had a couple chances at the empty net with the puck in the offensive zone but failed then Lightning had multiple grade A chances with tired Avs out there 6 on 5. Kuemper playing incredible in the last few minutes, fans on their feet the last few minutes.

Avs won 3-2.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Marky stops 46 of 48 shots. Most he's had to face this year.

If Calgary can keep this up he should be a serious Vezina contender. I'd love to see him win it, albeit with Calgary.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Honestly, given how spread out things are at west I wouldn't be shocked to see them go deeper than people might think. They're already playing playoff style hockey under Sutter. They're built for it. 

They look like a playoff lock at this point.